"Dear Wealthy Fucks: Fuck you. Yours in Christ, the Black Guy"

Started by CountDeMoney, January 18, 2015, 09:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

And I figured you're in favor, so I guess that makes us even.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 20, 2015, 06:59:33 PM
And I figured you're in favor, so I guess that makes us even.

Great pair of analytical minds, us.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 20, 2015, 08:47:50 PM
Like watching 2 math nerds trying to pick up chicks.

I figure it's all about the leverage...

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 18, 2015, 10:10:36 PM
Eat me.  People who feel compelled to go all the way to France to buy vacation homes can lovingly trim my pubes into the shape of an American flag.

Huh.  Never figured Seedy for a Hamptons guy.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 21, 2015, 11:43:15 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 18, 2015, 10:10:36 PM
Eat me.  People who feel compelled to go all the way to France to buy vacation homes can lovingly trim my pubes into the shape of an American flag.

Huh.  Never figured Seedy for a Hamptons guy.

Whatever few scraps of taxes the 1% can't hide.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Jacob on January 20, 2015, 11:08:08 PM
I figure it's all about the leverage...

Please god, don't let this turn into a thread about the seduction community. :bleeding:

:P
Experience bij!

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Berkut

I used to bitch about Dems because I knew that no matter how much more taxes were increased, and more wealth transfer was done, there would never come a point where they would say "Oh yeah, this is the right spot - this is how much we should spend on social services, and no more..."

Now I feel exactly the opposite - the Republicans have made it clear that there is no amount of wealth transfer to the already wealthy that is too much. No matter how much the system skews more and more towards the rich, the answer is never going to be "Hey, that seems a little out of line...should we do something about that?"

Right now the wealthy continue to become more wealthy, and at the expense of not just the poor but of the middle class and even the well off. This has been going on for some time, continues, even accelerates, and yet the answer from the right is always "Don't do anything, and even roll back things that have been done in the past - even tax rates that Reagan supported are too much!"

It is kind of mind boggling, really.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

Quote from: Berkut on January 21, 2015, 02:30:08 PM

What boggles my mind is how little you know of economics.
Do you want to know what happens when you rise taxes?
Look at France with the 75% tax for the rich, i forget whether capital gain or what exactly it was, which they expected would collect billions, but instead the rich fled the country and the punitive tax only collected a few millions.

Rise taxes to the rich and the professional class pays the price. Taxes are always pushed down to the consumer.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

crazy canuck

Quote from: Berkut on January 21, 2015, 02:30:08 PM

Not sure why you would be surprised.  Republican ideology is all about getting government out of the lives of people to allow them to make their own way.  That ideological view necessarily rejects the kind of balancing you are talking about which is firmly within what Americans call liberal ideology.