"Dear Wealthy Fucks: Fuck you. Yours in Christ, the Black Guy"

Started by CountDeMoney, January 18, 2015, 09:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: garbon on January 18, 2015, 10:21:03 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 18, 2015, 10:16:36 PM
There is no possible answer that would satisfy you.

True. I can't think of answer to why anyone should be excited about our President saying (in the words of the Seedster) fuck you to wealthy people.

I would be excited if that were the case. But alas he just wants to tax their capital gains not string them by their hairy cocks.  :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 18, 2015, 10:22:34 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 18, 2015, 10:21:21 PM
Kind of like this thread, no?

You're more than welcome to discuss your pube shaving habits if you like instead.

No, I think I'll go out soon to party and await better Languish threads.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on January 18, 2015, 10:25:41 PM
I would be excited if that were the case. But alas he just wants to tax their capital gains not string them by their hairy cocks.  :(

Yeah, no wins unless you are tearing somebody down, huh? :console:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

True. I can't think of answer to why anyone should be excited about our President saying (in the words of the Seedster) fuck you to wealthy people.

Since saying "fuck you to wealthy people" is defined as raising taxes on the ultra-rich, I am glad we can agree that there is no answer that would satisfy someone as ideologically inflexible as you are when they ask "Why is it a good idea to raise taxes on the ultra-wealthy?"
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on January 18, 2015, 10:31:51 PM

Since saying "fuck you to wealthy people" is defined as raising taxes on the ultra-rich, I am glad we can agree that there is no answer that would satisfy someone as ideologically inflexible as you are when they ask "Why is it a good idea to raise taxes on the ultra-wealthy?"

No, I think it can be okay to raise taxes on people of any background - including the "ultra"-wealthy. Not sure why taxes raises are automatically a great thing though.

In fact, one could ask (thought not someone as ideologically inflexible as myself) why it is that someone would think raising taxes is a "fuck you."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on January 18, 2015, 10:35:07 PM
why it is that someone would think raising taxes is a "fuck you."

Because they have gotten away with playing their little tax games long enough.  So yeah, it's a "fuck you".  So they're just going to have to play by a few more rules now, like the rest of us are required to.

Neil

What does it matter?  Won't the Republicans just pass massive tax cuts in an effort to defund the government?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Why would you be happy if the president said fuck you to wealthy people?

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 18, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

Why would you be happy if the president said fuck you to wealthy people?

God, Yi, you are so ideologically inflexible.

Jacob

Obama can propose all he wants, but he needs Congress to implement it, no? And Congress needs him to sign whatever they pass, right?

So this is staking out a starting position for bargaining, much further away from the Republican one back when he tried being the "responsible adult" and they shut down the government.

Or did I miss something?

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on January 18, 2015, 10:35:07 PM
Quote from: Berkut on January 18, 2015, 10:31:51 PM

No, I think it can be okay to raise taxes on people of any background - including the "ultra"-wealthy.

Then your question makes no sense.

Not sure why taxes raises are automatically a great thing though.

Not sure why you would think anyone claimed they were automatically a great thing - but that isn't what you said. You made it clear that raising them are automatically a bad thing.

In fact, one could ask (thought not someone as ideologically inflexible as myself) why it is that someone would think raising taxes is a "fuck you."

If one were to ask that, then their question makes even less sense.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on January 18, 2015, 10:49:20 PM
Obama can propose all he wants, but he needs Congress to implement it, no? And Congress needs him to sign whatever they pass, right?

So this is staking out a starting position for bargaining, much further away from the Republican one back when he tried being the "responsible adult" and they shut down the government.

Or did I miss something?

I think it's more accurate to characterize it as running it up the flagpole to see who salutes and/or red meat for the partisan base as opposed to an opening bargaining position.  He does this all the time--tosses out an idea in the context of nothing.

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on January 18, 2015, 10:51:57 PM
Not sure why you would think anyone claimed they were automatically a great thing - but that isn't what you said. You made it clear that raising them are automatically a bad thing.

I recall asking why it was a positive. I suppose I could have assumed Seedy meant it as a negative but that would have been dishonest, no?

Quote from: Berkut on January 18, 2015, 10:51:57 PM
If one were to ask that, then their question makes even less sense.

:hmm:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on January 18, 2015, 10:49:20 PM

Or did I miss something?

There will be no bargain.  You can't bargain with people who won't even recognized that the man is the legal president or believe that taxes on the richest Americans is a form of racism.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017