News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Oliver Stone: CIA orchestrated coup in Ukraine

Started by Syt, January 01, 2015, 03:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: Ancient Demon on January 01, 2015, 06:08:57 PM
Sadly the viewpoint of Oliver Stone over the conflict in the Ukraine is probably the majority one globally.

Heh, yeah, there may be some truth in that.

DontSayBanana

You know, it's not fair.  Everything's an American plot to discredit the Great Bear.  Never mind that UAE is actually bankrupting their country just to say "FU" to Putin, it's all an American conspiracy. <_<

Frankly, Americans aren't good enough at cooperation to pull off the kind of conspiracies commonly attributed to us.  Last time we pulled off a halfway decent coup was Iran, and look at how well that turned out for us.
Experience bij!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on January 01, 2015, 06:47:20 PM
I'm not sure why this is even thread-worthy.  Stone thinks everything is a CIA plot.  If we have to start a thread every time he reveals another conspiracy, we'll have nothing but worthless Stone conspiracy threads.

One megathread on Stone would do the trick.  I generally don't read megathreads.
And according to his film 'Nixon', the CIA is run by Satan.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on January 01, 2015, 09:33:27 PM

You're not allowed those types of objects.

I am allowed all sorts of objects.  Laws that could potentially deprive me of deadly weapons have been stalled in state and federal legistlatures.  I'd like you thank you for that, and your current support of organizations that keeps it that way.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on January 02, 2015, 01:21:03 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on January 01, 2015, 09:33:27 PM

You're not allowed those types of objects.

I am allowed all sorts of objects.  Laws that could potentially deprive me of deadly weapons have been stalled in state and federal legistlatures.  I'd like you thank you for that, and your current support of organizations that keeps it that way.

We are all about equal opportunity.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: The Brain on January 02, 2015, 02:31:34 AM
Rakes are humans too.

True, but I'm not convinced it's sound public policy to grant Raz the unfettered license to physically handle cads, roués, heels, reprobates, or miscreants either. :hmm:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Martinus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 02, 2015, 05:45:08 AM
Rakes are humans too.

True, but I'm not convinced it's sound public policy to grant Raz the unfettered license to physically handle cads, roués, heels, reprobates, or miscreants either. :hmm:

What of canailles and mignons?

grumbler

Rakes are humans too.

If they don't want to be manhandled, they should stay out of his basement.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

And ne'er-do-wells.  Don't forget the ne'er-do-wells.  And rapscallions.

Barrister

Out of some limited sense of fairness to Stone, I think it was clear that the US, whether through the CIA, State Department, or other agencies, were giving aid and advice to the Euromaidan protestors that ultimately toppled Yanukovych.  And if they didn't, well, I'd want to know why the hell not.  I think it's precisely what the US and other western democracies should be doing - using soft power to help promote democracy around the world.

That sure doesn't sound like a coup, though, and definitely doesn't amount to proof that the US was behind snipers shooting at protesters...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.