News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Oliver Stone: CIA orchestrated coup in Ukraine

Started by Syt, January 01, 2015, 03:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/oliver-stone-interviews-yanukovych-for-documentary-on-u-s-coup-in-ukraine/514013.html

QuoteOliver Stone Interviews Yanukovych for Documentary on U.S. 'Coup' in Ukraine

Hollywood film producer Oliver Stone has said he wants to make a four-hour documentary telling the "dirty story" of the overthrow of former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych in what he believes was a "coup" organized with the help of the United States' Central Intelligence Agency.

"A dirty story through and through, but in the tragic aftermath of this coup, the West has maintained the dominant narrative of 'Russia in Crimea,' whereas the true narrative is 'USA in Ukraine.' The truth is not being aired in the West," Stone wrote on his Facebook page on Tuesday.

Stone said he had already spent four hours interviewing Yanukovych in Moscow for the project, in addition to several "police officials," all of whom believe "foreign elements" were responsible for the violent Maidan protests in Kiev that culminated in February with the overthrow of the Russia-backed president.

"Details to follow in the documentary, but it seems clear that the so-called 'shooters' who killed 14 policemen, wounded some 85, and killed 45 protesting civilians, were outside third party agitators," Stone wrote.

The Hollywood director's interpretation of events echoes the Russian government's suggestions that the regime change was a "color revolution" funded by foreign governments.

President Vladimir Putin in a security council meeting earlier this year said that the situation in Ukraine was partly the work of "outside forces" and warned that Russia must do all it can to prevent a similar uprising on its own turf.

Stone and Putin met in November this year, after which Stone proposed making a documentary about the Russian president as well.

Stone said at the time that Putin "represents a different point of view that Americans don't want to hear," RIA Novosti reported.

In Stone's view, the revolution in Ukraine resembles other incidents in which U.S. authorities may have orchestrated the overthrow of foreign governments.

"Create enough chaos, as the CIA did in Iran '53, Chile '73, and countless other coups, and the legitimate government can be toppled. It's America's soft power technique called 'Regime Change 101'," Stone wrote.

Stone has been known to focus on controversial figures in his work, including Richard Nixon, Hugo Chavez and George W. Bush. One of his most famous films, the legal thriller JFK starring Kevin Kostner, suggested that the assassination of U.S. President John F. Kennedy was organized by a conspiracy of powerful elites within the U.S. government.

Yanukovych has kept a low profile since fleeing Ukraine in the spring. The new authorities in Kiev have pushed to have him prosecuted for the killing of protesters during the Maidan protests, which they describe as war crimes.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

:bleeding: I imagine if you ask "Police officials" in Moscow you'll probably find out that at the bottom of it is the Jews.  I seriously doubt that that they'll claim it was a conflict between corrupt East-leaning oligarchs and corrupt West-leaning oligarchs.  Also, double  :bleeding: for the Iran and Chile thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Oliver Stone is like the crazy family relation that gets even crazier as he gets older.  Pretty soon it'll be time for the home for Uncle Ollie.

Norgy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2015, 06:45:10 AM
Oliver Stone is like the crazy family relation that gets even crazier as he gets older.  Pretty soon it'll be time for the home for Uncle Ollie.

This.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2015, 06:45:10 AM
He's like the baby boomer who never grew up.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

KRonn

Too bad that Stone doesn't go after the Russian conspiracies and actions in Ukraine for a more interesting, truthful and likely more fact based story. He could have had a winner there, but instead went the other way. Oh well, at least this movie for useful idiots will play well at Moscow theaters.

Admiral Yi

He went full Sheehan.  You never go full Sheehan.

Ancient Demon

Sadly the viewpoint of Oliver Stone over the conflict in the Ukraine is probably the majority one globally.
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

dps

grumbler

I'm not sure why this is even thread-worthy.  Stone thinks everything is a CIA plot.  If we have to start a thread every time he reveals another conspiracy, we'll have nothing but worthless Stone conspiracy threads.

One megathread on Stone would do the trick.  I generally don't read megathreads.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Gotta Timmay up the megathread.

OLIVER STONE MEGATHREAD!

Wacky.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".