A hitchiker (N. America)?
4 (28.6%)
A hitcher-upper (N. America)?
2 (14.3%)
A hitchiker (Europe, et al)?
3 (21.4%)
A hitcher-upper (Europe, et al)?
2 (14.3%)
A killer on the road, your brain squirming like a toad (American West)?
3 (21.4%)
The Misfit (Southeastern USA)?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

KRonn

Jacob, you had some pretty cool adventures there!

sbr

Back when I was in my early 20s we spent a lot of time at the bars.  I got into a phase where I would be pretty drunk and just decide I had to go home RIGHT NOW, so I would just take off leaving everyone I was with and walk home.  Occasionally I would stick my thumb out just for shits and giggles, but did end up getting a ride a few times.  Never died though.

I don't pick up hitchhikers but I do occasionally stop if someone is broken down on the side of the road and have given a couple of them a ride to a gas station and back or something.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Can't recall much about hitch-hiking in my youth, most pretty uneventful, I do recall hitch-hiking with someone during a snow flurry in early May, one of us was wearing a gorilla costume, but for the life of me I can't recall whom.

I think the last time I hitched anywhere or tried was on my way up to London to see a girl. Using works vehicles at the time, so some weekends didn't have one, so managed 40-50 miles up the road before striking out on a roundabout above the M3, probably waited an hour, before giving up and walking down into Winchester and getting the train to S'th London. 

Can't think of any since then, so that was a long time ago.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Never tried it. Goes against my personality. And I'm not a hot young girl so probably wouldn't have much luck.
The closest I've come is running into random people in towns and it turning out they're driving to the next place I plan to go so I go with them.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: KRonn on December 09, 2014, 03:06:44 PM

They're probably cooler as stories than they were in actual life :)

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on December 09, 2014, 04:38:59 PM
Quote from: KRonn on December 09, 2014, 03:06:44 PM

They're probably cooler as stories than they were in actual life :)

Such is the way with much of life.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"