News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What your zip code says about you

Started by merithyn, October 17, 2014, 12:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

http://www.esri.com/data/esri_data/ziptapestry

It's pretty far off for us. I even used my childhood neighborhood zip to see if it was close, but nope.

What about you guys?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

That is frighteningly spot on.  Even my age was right at the average.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

When I put my zip code in the browser crashed. Yeah that's about right.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

I put my zip code in and they found out where I lived.  Creepy. :ph34r:  I ain't doing that again.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Damn it's depressing seeing the median income and knowing the house prices also. Most of my neighbors apparently can't afford to live here.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

celedhring

I typed my old NYC zip code and it was scarily spot on. My income was 28k, and the zip median is 30k. Even the median age corresponds to how old I was when I stopped living there (32)  :lol:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

KRonn

That seems pretty accurate for my zip code, which is just my town, all one zip. Small in area but fairly densely populated suburban town.

garbon

I guess it is accurate for where I live now. Doesn't look entirely accurate for the town I grew up in, but then hard to say as there yeah one zip covered entire town.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Savonarola

The old Detroit one was just about perfect; my current one in FLA, not so much.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

DGuller

It's accurate where I live.  Except for that yoga and pilates crap  :mad:

derspiess

I'm right at the median age for my zip code.  We're a bit higher than the median household income-- not sure how anyone survives at the median level if they have kids.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Wow the Lower East Side really is crazy. It has a median income of 31k - way below the national median/any of its neighboring zipcodes.

edit: And apparently in my old SF zip, the median income there is also below the national median but not the lowest which looks to be understandably, the Tenderloin.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2014, 08:49:14 AM
Wow the Lower East Side really is crazy. It has a median income of 31k - way below the national median/any of its neighboring zipcodes.

edit: And apparently in my old SF zip, the median income there is also below the national median but not the lowest which looks to be understandably, the Tenderloin.
:hmm: Wow, people with means really move out in a hurry after you move in, don't they?

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 17, 2014, 09:17:51 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2014, 08:49:14 AM

:hmm: Wow, people with means really move out in a hurry after you move in, don't they?

I've never lived in LES. :huh: