News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

RIP Robin Williams

Started by Grinning_Colossus, August 11, 2014, 06:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on August 12, 2014, 11:29:37 AM
I was driving up highway 1 yesterday from San Luis Obispo to Big Sur, out of all contact with news or the net.

Love that drive.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Pretty sure I still have my old Mork suspenders somewhere.  Loved those things, but it did bug me a little that they weren't exactly the same as what he wore on the show.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

I found some old Mork & Mindy trading cards not too long ago, cleaning out some old storage boxes.
Ditched them, though.

Found a General Zod card.  Framing that one.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Siege on August 11, 2014, 09:33:37 PM
Robin Williams?
Is that the wanna be jewish comidian?
I hated his ass since Peter Pan.
One of his best. Him and Billy Crystal doing an impression of two gentile businessmen.
Crystal: How's business?
Williams: Fine.
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

sbr

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 12, 2014, 12:24:44 PM
I found some old Mork & Mindy trading cards not too long ago, cleaning out some old storage boxes.
Ditched them, though.

Got that one beat.  I got a Dick Cheney Rookie card from 1991.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on August 12, 2014, 07:44:08 PM
Ditched them, though.

My investment in Obama commemorative plates will pay off big someday.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

And yet you give me shit about my mammies.

Syt

What about a Randy Savage baseball card?

I hope the bit of him "dropping his elbow" isn't a photoshop. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 13, 2014, 09:15:15 AM
And yet you give me shit about my mammies.

:rolleyes:  It's not like I'm collecting Michelle memorabilia.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Razgovory on August 12, 2014, 07:44:08 PM
Ditched them, though.

Down in Florida I have full sets of the Topps Desert Shield and Desert Storm trading cards. :blush:

Grey Fox

I have a full sets of Topps from the 1990 Baseball season.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?