Children of same-sex couples are happier and healthier than peers, research show

Started by garbon, July 07, 2014, 03:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on July 08, 2014, 03:10:50 PM
What if the headline was: Children of same-sex couples are more miserable and sickly than peers, research shows?

Would it change anybody's mind on same-sex marriage?  On same-sex adoption?

The right to parent a child, your child, is a concept that is strongly enriched in contemporary American constitutional law and, I think, public consciousness.  Which is different than many other societies, and different in at least some ways from other rich post-industrial states that share our fundamental ideology of liberal individualism.

I have a few newborns as clients.  Not in criminal court (:console:@Beeb), but in family court.  In one case, both parents have IQs in the 50s, and both have children from other relationships.  In another, the mother did every drug she could find right up until she went into labor, won't do treatment, and the father appears by phone since he is incarcerated in another state for various felonies. 

I didn't finish reading the rest of your post, so you might have said literally anything, but don't you think it's time eugenics was reevaluated? :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ideologue on July 08, 2014, 05:47:29 PM
I didn't finish reading the rest of your post, so you might have said literally anything, but don't you think it's time eugenics was reevaluated? :)

I'll send you a copy of this book on Vermont's eugenics program, gratis, if you want. :)  I believe it's called Breeding Better Vermonters.  I bought it but didn't start it then misplaced it.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)