Irish Food
9 (26.5%)
Scandinavian food (rotten fish)
7 (20.6%)
Russian slop
9 (26.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

derspiess

I had elk steak at a Scandinavian restaurant in Wisconsin.  The potato ball sounds good. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: Norgy on June 23, 2014, 06:53:46 PM
:lol:

Scandinavia has more to offer than rotted fish.

Swedish meatballs, Danish Christmas duck. Traditional folksy food here in Norway is cod, herring, lamb and lots of pork.

Consider the Norwegian potato ball, which is mashed potato with bacon or salted side of pork boiled or fried. Cod is probably the best fish there is, and a filet of cod with chopped almonds, melted butter and a boiled egg served with potato, aspargus and carrots is nothing but lovely. In the northern parts, they skip the butter and use bacon and bacon fat.

And you can't go wrong with a whale casserole or steak of elk.

I had some potato balls the other day. Faboo.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

I recall that there is a very famous restaurant in Denmark.

Admiral Yi

What is the deal with Swedish meatballs?  What makes them Swedish?

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 23, 2014, 07:18:46 PM

I'm guessing the seasoning and sauce?  Plus they often come with lingonberry jam.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grallon

What is this post?  None of those qualify.  Only French & Italian in the West and Indian & Chinese in the East are worth mentionning - *snif*  <_<

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Ideologue

Grallon sez: enchiladas are for the proles.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 23, 2014, 07:18:46 PM

They are rancid?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

Most stoopeed poll human eyes have ever seen.

I refuse to post here.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Admiral Yi

Josquius

It's pretty hard to tell british isles food apart except for a few oddities. British food doesn't deserve the injustice it gets however. It's not one of the worlds best, it doesn't belong with Italian, Chinese, etc... But it is solidly second division
Sweden does have some pretty nice things. If you want bad then look to the Dutch
██████
██████
██████

alfred russel

Quote from: Grallon on June 23, 2014, 07:52:15 PM
What is this post?  None of those qualify.  Only French & Italian in the West and Indian & Chinese in the East are worth mentionning - *snif*  <_<

G.

I could quibble in the west, but in the east? No Thai, Vietnamese, or Japanese?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

I really don't get the love for French food
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

I'm going to stand up for Russian / Ukrainian cuisine.

Look, it's not the best in the world (that may just belong to Italy), but it has it's gems.

Starting with the strictly peasant cuisine, dishes like borscht, pyrogies, and holopchies are good, healthy and tasty stick-to-the-rib types of food.  Nothing wrong there.  Even if you move up to fancier meals you have dishes like beef stroganoff or chicken kiev.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: Grallon on June 23, 2014, 07:52:15 PM

G.

I presume you mean the westernized Chinese offering you get in Europe or Canada, not the traditional Chinese home cooking as done in mainland CHina?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.