News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

CdM is in love!

Started by The Brain, June 22, 2014, 07:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I think the most important question here is if the accused is an anglophone and if the victims were francophones.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on June 28, 2014, 09:24:21 AM
Quote from: grumbler on June 27, 2014, 01:58:15 PM
Lots of cars and motorcycles stopping, and perhaps an accident if following drivers are careless or inattentive.  What would a non-reasonable person like you expect?
I expect to see brake lights well in advance.  I certainly do not expect a car to be stopped in the middle of the highway, on the left lane.

Wait... what?  Your hypothetical was about "if you decide to stop your car on the left lane of a double lane highway in the middle of the day" and your answer is that you expect a lot of brake lights well in advance?  That sounds like you are arguing that the woman should have expected brake lights, not an accident.  And it is absurd to state that, if you were to "decide to stop your car on the left lane" then you "certainly do not expect a car to be stopped in the middle of the highway, on the left lane;" you just put one there!  :lol:

Unless, of course, you mean that if you were to "decide to stop your car on the left lane" then you "certainly do not expect another car to be stopped in the middle of the highway, on the left lane."  That's probably true; I mean, what are the odds?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!