And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 16, 2014, 08:44:04 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 16, 2014, 07:01:51 PM
Lol, 10 minutes ago, I was like Fuck this silly ass sport.  5 minutes later, USA USA USA

Typical. You call them Eurofags one minute and switch sides faster than Italy.

Goddamned right.  I can draw the foul.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 16, 2014, 08:40:18 PM
Who said anything about style?  :huh:

You did. You commented that it was a lucky result. That seems to imply we didn't get too many style points from the Korean-American judges.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

I just noticed the Victory avatar.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on June 16, 2014, 08:45:35 PM
You did. You commented that it was a lucky result. That seems to imply we didn't get too many style points from the Korean-American judges.  :P

:unsure:

Style doesn't boost your chances of scoring goals; quality shots do.

CountDeMoney

The Ghana voodoo medicine man got on my nerves, too.  Probably gets ethnically cleansed the moment his ass gets back home.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 16, 2014, 08:51:00 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on June 16, 2014, 08:45:35 PM

:unsure:

Style doesn't boost your chances of scoring goals; quality shots do.

I think a 2-1 win where you controlled the game and had a number of quality shots would be considered stylish, while a lucky win is not.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

FunkMonk

For me, 1 point out of this group would have met my expectations in this tournament. 3 points now is fucking supreme allied victory and anything that happens now is just gravy.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 16, 2014, 08:52:48 PM
The Ghana voodoo medicine man got on my nerves, too.  Probably gets ethnically cleansed the moment his ass gets back home.

FIFA'S slomo shots of the crowd are always annoying. I'd like an NFL films tape shoved up the director's ass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on June 16, 2014, 08:55:29 PM
I think a 2-1 win where you controlled the game and had a number of quality shots would be considered stylish, while a lucky win is not.

You lost me.

alfred russel

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 16, 2014, 08:57:47 PM
For me, 1 point out of this group would have met my expectations in this tournament. 3 points now is fucking supreme allied victory and anything that happens now is just gravy.

It is interesting, but it would seem very possible that a draw against Portugal is all we need to get out of the group stage. Drawing against Portugal isn't going to be so easy, though.

Eddie Teach

They didn't control the game, the US goalie had way more activity than the Ghanaian one.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 16, 2014, 09:16:08 PM

They didn't control the game, the US goalie had way more activity than the Ghanaian one.

:secret: That was my point.

FWIW, the US goalie is one of our few truly world class players. We need him to play like the badass he is.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on June 16, 2014, 09:29:19 PM

So you were actually agreeing with Yi while sounding like you were arguing against him? How grumbleresque.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 16, 2014, 09:43:32 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on June 16, 2014, 09:29:19 PM

So you were actually agreeing with Yi while sounding like you were arguing against him? How grumbleresque.  :hmm:

I truly don't care about continuing this.  :D

However, no I don't think we won with great style. But let me summarize what was said:

Yi: We were lucky.
Me: Fuck style points, all that matters is we won.
Yi: I never said anything about style points.
Me: You sort of did implicitly. Lots of opportunities is considered stylistic, getting lucky is not.

My first response wasn't even arguing with Yi. I was just trying to say, "fuck how we won, we won, wooohooo!"