And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Iran Nigeria.

I'm already bored...and we haven't gotten to the anthems yet
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

derspiess

So much action.  So many shots  :zzz
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on June 16, 2014, 01:59:25 PM
Iran Nigeria.

I'm already bored...and we haven't gotten to the anthems yet

I have never heard Iran or Nigeria described as boring before I admit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

After Germany vs Portugal, it's like a dried up cake for dessert.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

Shola Ameobi is in Nigeria's squad. How terrible your options need to be to bring Shola Ameobi to your World Cup squad?

Liep

Hopefully the Ghana game will be a delicious midnight snack.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Norgy

Quote from: Liep on June 16, 2014, 02:58:32 PM
Hopefully the Ghana game will be a delicious midnight snack.

One can hope, because this is like wanking with sandpaper.

crazy canuck

Here is a good line from a Globe and Mail sports report on the Germany-Portugal game.

QuoteThe difference between the two teams – both shot through with continental stars – is that the Germans play as a group. The Portuguese play like 11 guys who just met 10 minutes before the start of the game, and quickly decided they don't like each other very much.

Liep

The only likeable Portutard left early. And he's only likeable because he sports the WC's best moustache.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Why all the Portuguese hate? :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

Quote from: Barrister on June 16, 2014, 03:16:08 PM

For me it's Pepe continued douchebaggery and Ronaldo's general demeanor. The rest are just unlucky to be associatiated by nationality.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Clearly HVC's continuing mission to fight anti-Portugueseism has hit a snag.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2014, 03:28:37 PM

Clearly HVC's continuing mission to fight anti-Portugueseism has hit a snag.
all I fight for is the proper use of ethnic slurs :contract:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.