News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Syt and Josquis picked Portugal
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Syt

I did? Huh. I guess, either way: I win. ;)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Norgy

I know I picked Germany. Mostly because I loathe Christiano Ronaldo with the intensity of two and a half suns.

Syt

I was on Madeira (Ronaldo's home island) when Germany kicked Portugal out of Euro 2008. Worth it. The following day I took a trip to the spot of the first football game on Portuguese soil. I had no flag with me to raise, though. :(
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also, Mereiles looks like a Warhammer dwarf with his beard and mohawk.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Quote from: alfred russel on June 16, 2014, 11:45:30 AM
He is out for the USA match. :yeah:

That's actually good for Portugal.

celedhring

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on June 16, 2014, 12:07:18 PM

Yeah, so cool.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Norgy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 16, 2014, 12:09:06 PM

Yeah, so cool.

:shutup:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Norgy on June 16, 2014, 12:11:28 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 16, 2014, 12:09:06 PM

Yeah, so cool.

:shutup:

Eh, he's still a Portuguese asshole. I wish him only the worse.

but he looks awesome.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

The spectators seem to hate Ronaldo too.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

He's not actually telling them to sit & spin, is he?  Those look like index fingers he's sticking up.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Hansmeister

And now they lost Coentrao due to injury. It's looking better all the time for the US.