Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on June 26, 2014, 09:51:06 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on June 26, 2014, 08:45:51 AM
How come my government doesn't pay me in cash  :mad:

Because your government is civilized not a corrupt kleptocracy not evil values its citizens ...

:hmm:

I may have to come back to you on this.
:XD:

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

QuoteAt the World Middle School Football Championships in Turkey in 2009, a Chinese middle school girls' team from Chongqing unexpectedly thumped the competition—beating the Turkish team 6-0, the French 3-0, and the Brazilians 1-0. Chinese media went wild, praising the team for its "excellent defense" and "cool composure." As it turned out, all but three players were actually members of the national youth team. The school's principal apologized but did not return the trophy. The Chinese Football Association (CFA) pleaded ignorance.

Man that is one badass Brazilian Middle School that only lost to a national youth team 1-0.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on June 26, 2014, 10:32:23 AM
QuoteAt the World Middle School Football Championships in Turkey in 2009, a Chinese middle school girls' team from Chongqing unexpectedly thumped the competition—beating the Turkish team 6-0, the French 3-0, and the Brazilians 1-0. Chinese media went wild, praising the team for its "excellent defense" and "cool composure." As it turned out, all but three players were actually members of the national youth team. The school's principal apologized but did not return the trophy. The Chinese Football Association (CFA) pleaded ignorance.

Man that is one badass Brazilian Middle School that only lost to a national youth team 1-0.

Maybe the national youth team sucked  :lol:

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Liep

Our commentator for the game on the radio hasn't reached the stadium yet, together with many thousands german and american fans. Apparently the heavy rain has created complete chaos on the roads.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

As much as I would love us to win, I think the USA will be extremely lucky to get even a draw.

Against Ghana we fluked by on an early goal and a set play. Ghana probably should have won that game.

Against Portugal we were playing against a dysfunctional team that looks to be one of the worst of the tournament.

Germany is actually a great team, managed by a great coach, with something to play for.

Ghana and Portugal failing is our only hope for qualifying.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Admiral Yi

I think a draw is within the realm of possibility.  A cuppa two tree magical saves by Howard.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Hansmeister

Germany's defense is crap. Unless they get a lot better I don't see Germany winning the World Cup.

Liep

Fitting that the first goal in the Por-Gha game is a spectacular own goal.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on June 26, 2014, 11:36:49 AM
Fitting that the first goal in the Por-Gha game is a spectacular own goal.

After the first show of skill by Moutinho in this tournament, though.

Viking

Quote from: Monoriu on June 26, 2014, 10:44:26 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 26, 2014, 10:32:23 AM

Maybe the national youth team sucked  :lol:

at soccer or math?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

Me and my soccer fan co-worker decided to go to the bar near work to watch the game during lunch.  We may have underestimated the number of other people with the same idea just a tad.  :hmm: