News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Teenage Jihad Girls Gone Wild!

Started by Syt, April 19, 2014, 08:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Maybe. But I'd guess there's a lot more Saudis and Syrians going apeshit in Syria than Bosnians or Indonesians.
Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

Boko Haram, Chechens, the Sudanese in South Sudan and in Darfur, etc.  It's a real phenomenon, and goes back to the Anatolian Turks and Andalusian Berbers at least.  A part of it is just that the border between Dar al-Harb and Dar al-Islam attracts a lot of fanatics looking to die in battle or get rich killing infidels, and always has.  Constant contact with the infidel or reaction against perceived cosmopolitan corruption can also breed fanaticism. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on April 19, 2014, 05:18:34 PM
I guess I'm famous for my eccentric like/dislike of seemingly random Central and Eastern European ethnicities, but TBH Bosniaks are probably the only ethnicity I actively dislike.  My 15 year old cousin was murdered at the Trolley Square shooting and I wish we'd never let them in as refugees, even if I think the intervention was necessary.

So have you finally made a choice?  http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,8606.0.html
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

I'm a bit surprised to see someone airing their prejudice as if it were a good thing. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

I hate Ginger Mormons from Illinois, or is that too specific?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Queequeg

Quote from: katmai on April 19, 2014, 06:59:19 PM
I am not a ginger.   :yuk:
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Quote from: Razgovory on April 19, 2014, 06:54:24 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on April 19, 2014, 05:18:34 PM
I guess I'm famous for my eccentric like/dislike of seemingly random Central and Eastern European ethnicities, but TBH Bosniaks are probably the only ethnicity I actively dislike.  My 15 year old cousin was murdered at the Trolley Square shooting and I wish we'd never let them in as refugees, even if I think the intervention was necessary.

So have you finally made a choice?  http://languish.org/forums/index.php/topic,8606.0.html
The fact that one went crazy and killed my cousin and the other was a psycho-Atheist pseudointellectual girlfriend of a guy who almost punched me because I insisted that Islam was founded in the 7th century rather than the 9th does not mean that I think they should all be murdered. 

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Not really.  I spent entirety of College studying ethnic violence and I have weird, deep-seeded feelings about religious persecution relating to me being a foot-taller blonde kid in a Jewish preeschool where the Holocaust was taught in children's books. 

katmai

Quote from: Queequeg on April 19, 2014, 07:22:11 PM
I will break the sanctity of TBR to prove you a liar!

Queequeg

I'm too dark to even be a good strawberry blonde. 

garbon

Quote from: katmai on April 19, 2014, 07:39:44 PM

You colorblind?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2014, 07:45:43 PM

You colorblind?

Of course I don't see color. I only see people.

You racist Garbo.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on April 19, 2014, 08:26:15 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2014, 07:45:43 PM

You colorblind?

Of course I don't see color. I only see people.

You racist Garbo.

Actually I think that approach just helps to sustain the racism that is still present in our society. Also know as sticking one's head in the sand.