News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Committing genocide

Started by Razgovory, October 18, 2012, 10:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I decided to scratch off another question on my list of "bad ideas for threads", list.  You get to wipe out any country in the world.  Kill everyone currently residing in it.  You can pick one, but only one.  You also have to pick one.  It's one of those cosmic dick moves.  You press a button they all just drop dead. Which country would you pick and why?  For the purposes of this thread a "country" is an internationally recognized state.  For instance Russia or the US.  You can't just pick part of a country, like Wales.  To get the Welsh you have to pick the UK and kill off the Scottish as well.  One exception is Somalia which has no government but has recognized borders.  So if you pick Somalia you get all the people in the borders of Somalia.

I pick Pakistan, cause they are jerks.  I was thinking of India cause I would get more people, and I really don't care of India that well, but they've never done anything really annoying to deserve it.  I'm curious which country Jake will pick. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Queequeg

I was going to post, but I really want a position in government at some point in my life.  :lol:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Grey Fox

Jake will pick nothing. BB is a watchfull eye and, as canadian, we can't advocate genocide.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

The Vatican. It's the world's smallest country in population, so you would be killing the least people.

Plus, the sudden death of the Vatican would look amusingly like the act of an angry God in full on Biblical mode.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

And you wonder why we think you're mentally unbalanced, Raz.  Or maybe you don't.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on October 18, 2012, 10:53:12 AM
Saudi Arabia.
And here I would have put money on you picking Vatican City.

As for me, it's gotta be China.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 18, 2012, 11:10:25 AM
And you wonder why we think you're mentally unbalanced, Raz.  Or maybe you don't.

I do not.  And you partially inspired this poll.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Queequeg on October 18, 2012, 10:54:34 AM
I was going to post, but I really want a position in government at some point in my life.  :lol:

And what, you think being indecisive is going to endear yourself to voters or something?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on October 18, 2012, 11:14:55 AMAnd you partially inspired this poll.

Preemptive limited nuclear strike /= genocide

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on October 18, 2012, 11:16:34 AM
And what, you think being indecisive is going to endear yourself to voters or something?
He'll run into trouble anyways.  Being a hipster is unamerican.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

The US. Guess they shouldn't have made Alaska a state.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on October 18, 2012, 11:18:00 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 18, 2012, 11:16:34 AM
He'll run into trouble anyways.  Being a hipster is unamerican.

Hasn't he admitted drug use on this forum?  That doesn't do you any favors.

Eddie Teach

Guess we need to deport Katmai to Mexico if Brain ever gets access to nukes.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on October 18, 2012, 11:12:23 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 18, 2012, 10:53:12 AM
Saudi Arabia.
And here I would have put money on you picking Vatican City.

As for me, it's gotta be China.

I don't think Vatican is such a good idea.

If the genocide targets all people within the borders of a country at the time when it occurs, then you would be killing a lot of innocent tourists.

If it targets only "citizens" of a given country, then most cardinals etc. wouldn't be affected, as they are formally citizens of their home countries and not of Vatican (I am not even sure whether Vatican has official citizenship, but I assume they must have something).