News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So, Raz is thinking about going back to School

Started by Razgovory, April 12, 2014, 03:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I think it's premature to talk about a degree, even an associates.  Raz just wants to dip his toe back into the water.  Take a light load, one course, nothing too pointy headed, see how it goes.

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 12, 2014, 05:25:18 PM
I think it's premature to talk about a degree, even an associates.  Raz just wants to dip his toe back into the water.  Take a light load, one course, nothing too pointy headed, see how it goes.

[Malthus]

Anything but archeology.

[/Malthus]
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Raz, what was your area of study before?  How many college credits do you already have, and from which school(s)?

Razgovory

This is what I'm thinking.  See, Yi understands me.  More then anything I want this as a method of getting better mentally.  I'm thinking of taking one course this summer and after that see about a full semester.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Monoriu

School is just a means to get a job.  Therefore, before you go to school, figure out what kind of job you have in mind.  Then work toward getting the job.  Which may or may not include going back to school.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Norgy

Quote from: Razgovory on April 12, 2014, 06:41:33 PM

This is what I'm thinking.  See, Yi understands me.  More then anything I want this as a method of getting better mentally.  I'm thinking of taking one course this summer and after that see about a full semester.

Then definitely take a class you'd think you'll enjoy. Like history.
Can't say much else than go for it, and good luck!  :hug:

Valmy

My advice still stands though: Community/Junior College.  Are you able to work?  Or is this just about personal enrichment?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

dps

Quote from: Norgy on April 12, 2014, 07:20:25 PM

Then definitely take a class you'd think you'll enjoy. Like history.
Can't say much else than go for it, and good luck!  :hug:

Yeah, I agree with Norgy--if it's just one summer class, history is a good choice.  It's interesting in its own right (assuming a decent instructor), and if you do decide to go for a degree later, it can count as an elective with almost any major.

alfred russel

Quote from: Monoriu on April 12, 2014, 06:46:01 PM
School is just a means to get a job.  Therefore, before you go to school, figure out what kind of job you have in mind.  Then work toward getting the job.  Which may or may not include going back to school.

I conditionally agree with Mono.

If you can afford the expense of college and want to go to for fun or to improve your mental state, I'd consider all the other things you could do with that money. If college still seems like the most fun/best option, then go for it. I can't imagine it is though.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

There is hope for you Raz, I mean if Ide can complete law school.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

I was thinking a creative writing or a literature class.  American novel, something like that.