And we're back!

Main Menu

Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth

Started by Syt, April 12, 2014, 10:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: garbon on September 06, 2014, 07:37:40 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 06, 2014, 06:26:36 AM
I don't get this view. Surely, if you are interested in a game to buy it, then given that costs of the game is peanuts, paying early means the chance of there being an expansion making the game even better (see CiV) is higher. So why wait for the sake of saving the cost of a couple lattes.

Not to mention you get to play sooner.
I'm not chomping at the bit for the game so why spend extra money?
Pretty much.  Even if I bought it on release, it'd be months before I actually started playing it anyways.

Besides, the expansions are already budgeted and being worked on.  They'll get released no matter what, since they're essentially free money.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Ok I can get Neil waiting months to play (I see what having wife and kids does to gaming time of my colleagues). But what keeps garbon and mongers so occupied?

garbon

I don't game all that often. And my point wasn't that I wouldn't have time to play it. More just a trade off enjoyment to cost. Why but it at full price when I'm happily playing games I have already bought? I can wait when it isn't something I am super enthused about.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: garbon on September 06, 2014, 11:28:13 AM
I don't game all that often. And my point wasn't that I wouldn't have time to play it. More just a trade off enjoyment to cost. Why but it at full price when I'm happily playing games I have already bought? I can wait when it isn't something I am super enthused about.
Hmm. The games studios don't like that kind of thinking.
PDH!

Martinus

Ok, I am a Firaxis fanboy and buy their games on the release date (in fact I preorder). So YMMV. :P

In fact I don't play these many games, to be honest. Over the last year I played WoW, CiV, CK2, EU4, Hearthstone and Diablo 3 - and that's pretty much it. Now trying to install Sims 4 once I get this Bootcamp thing working.

Martinus

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 12, 2014, 12:51:12 AM
The way they redid spies is actually pretty cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9T-2UBctKE&feature=youtu.be

From the bit I saw (ugh how I don't like all this video stuff - much quicker to read something than watch a 30 minute video!!), yeah it does seem like they've made it more involved - to a level that it will actually make sense to dabble in.

Side note, I was thinking how rare it is to have cute (though nerdy :D) guys on game demo videos.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Crazy_Ivan80

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2014, 01:49:46 PM
Quote from: Martinus on September 12, 2014, 12:51:12 AM
The way they redid spies is actually pretty cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9T-2UBctKE&feature=youtu.be

From the bit I saw (ugh how I don't like all this video stuff - much quicker to read something than watch a 30 minute video!!), yeah it does seem like they've made it more involved - to a level that it will actually make sense to dabble in.

Side note, I was thinking how rare it is to have cute (though nerdy :D) guys on game demo videos.

Yeah they are passable. Although one of them has a lazy eye. :P

Martinus

Martinus

Cool new intro released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc89IaktFDI

I especially like the A.R.C. space programme symbol.  :lol:

Kleves

They don't even have faction-specific units anymore?  :bleeding:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Crazy_Ivan80

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Syt

Quote from: Kleves on October 23, 2014, 09:31:15 AM
They don't even have faction-specific units anymore?  :bleeding:

Units are customized during the game, based on the affinities you level up, allowing you to choose perks for them.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.