News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

If the SEC loses these games, what will the bandwagon fans do?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Will the winners of these playoff games also get Rose Bowl and Sugar Bowl trophies?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

Quote from: Berkut on January 01, 2015, 05:34:22 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 01, 2015, 05:04:09 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 01, 2015, 04:34:36 PM
:XD:  Holy shit, Baylor's kicker probably just doesn't want to play football anymore.

Which is probably why that kind of hit is banned in the NFL now.   Surprised his mother didn't run down onto the field. 

That should result in a ejection in college as well. Targeting, contact above the shoulders.

That wasn't targeting. The guy was a midget.

The officials didn't see it as targeting on the field, and if the guy isn't a senior I bet they don't suspend him for next year.

Targeting doesn't just require contact above the shoulders, it also requires intent beyond what is normal in a football play. Not sure how many guys would figure out a different way to take out a 5 ft. player.

Football used to be awesome. The rules guys are jacking it up. You don't have to jack it up more on your own.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

sbr

To be honest my first thought in games like this is that I always hope the Ducks don't get embarrassed.  That's out the window now so I can sit back and enjoy the game.

I'm not saying the game is over by any means, but Oregon deserves to be on this field.

alfred russel

Quote from: sbr on January 01, 2015, 07:30:41 PM
To be honest my first thought in games like this is that I always hope the Ducks don't get embarrassed.  That's out the window now so I can sit back and enjoy the game.

I'm not saying the game is over by any means, but Oregon deserves to be on this field.

Oregon definitely deserves to be here, and I'd say that even if they were getting blown out.

However, at this point they are underperforming NC State and Miami and a whole bunch of other crappy teams FSU has played. :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

sbr

Would have been nice if the officials didn't miss the blatant holding on the 3rd an 21

sbr

Quote from: alfred russel on January 01, 2015, 07:38:08 PM
Quote from: sbr on January 01, 2015, 07:30:41 PM

Oregon definitely deserves to be here, and I'd say that even if they were getting blown out.

However, at this point they are underperforming NC State and Miami and a whole bunch of other crappy teams FSU has played. :P

Yeah but FSU probably didn't overlook Oregon like they did those teams.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on January 01, 2015, 07:28:16 PM
That wasn't targeting. The guy was a midget.

The officials didn't see it as targeting on the field, and if the guy isn't a senior I bet they don't suspend him for next year.

Targeting doesn't just require contact above the shoulders, it also requires intent beyond what is normal in a football play. Not sure how many guys would figure out a different way to take out a 5 ft. player.

Football used to be awesome. The rules guys are jacking it up. You don't have to jack it up more on your own.

Don't be a douchebag.  He launched into someone who wasn't looking.  A kicker, no less.  Talk about a punk move.  Not even Lavar Arrington did that to opposing punters.  Why not start launching into puppies.

sbr

You can tell the character of a man based on his opinion of cheap shots on a kicker.

katmai

Friend and former co-worker at Rose Bowl game, even though he's from Atlanta, he is a Duck fan so must be loving this so far.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: sbr on January 01, 2015, 07:51:13 PM
You can tell the character of a man based on his opinion of cheap shots on a kicker.

Kickers lose kicker protection when they chase the ball carrier.

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 01, 2015, 07:57:10 PM
Quote from: sbr on January 01, 2015, 07:51:13 PM

Kickers lose kicker protection when they chase the ball carrier.

Agreed.

CountDeMoney

I dunno;  they showed the come-from-behind wins FSU has had this season, but I think the horseshoe might have finally fallen out of their ass.  This isn't Louisville, or a typical Clemsoning.

And Christ, these Oregon unis are disgusting.  "We're wearing our 'Linda Blairs' for the game, guys!"  They actually make those atrocious Arizona red alternates look good.

katmai

These were the Uniforms for years for Ducks when they were bottom dwellers in Pac-10, understand why they went away from them then.