And we're back!

Main Menu

Spreading fears, here's a tutorial

Started by viper37, April 04, 2014, 02:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on April 04, 2014, 09:07:38 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 04, 2014, 09:06:22 PM
I think you underestimate the disruption in global food production, not to mention the supply chain being royally fucked up.

So much for the anti-gun nuts, eh. :lol:

They aren't good eatin'.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Quote from: sbr on April 04, 2014, 05:54:55 PM
Yellowstone erupting is one thing that really freaks me out for some weird reason.  Maybe because I am in the You Will Die But It Will Be Slow And Painful zone.
Isn't that half the world?
From what I've heard a Yellowstone eruption would bring on a volcanic winter and seriously mess up the climate. Considering even the man made economic disaster we've just had was super painful... I dread nature actually taking a swing at us.
██████
██████
██████

Neil

You'll end up trading your guns for food.  And then all guns will be banned, forever.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Ed's plan on a super volcano eruption:

Loot
Execute Order 66
Eat my neighbors.
Die of eventual starvation
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/weird-science/yellowstone-volcano-warning-its-bunk-park-officials-say-n72416

QuoteYellowstone Volcano Warning? It's Bunk, Park Officials Say

Yellowstone National Park is fighting viral rumors that the park's bison are fleeing an impending supervolcano eruption.

Officials told Reuters that they've been fielding dozens of calls and emails since a video of galloping bison went viral this week in the wake of an earthquake at Yellowstone. They said the video actually shows the animals running down a paved road that leads deeper into the park.

"It was a springlike day, and they were frisky. Contrary to online reports, it's a natural occurrence and not the end of the world," park spokeswoman Amy Bartlett said.

The commentary accompanying the YouTube video, which has attracted 1.4 million views, suggested that the bison somehow might be sensing the imminent eruption of an ancient dormant supervolcano that lies beneath the park in Wyoming.

The video was posted back on March 20, but Sunday's Yellowstone earthquake added to the viral buzz.

Geologists said the magnitude-4.8 tremor caused no injuries or damage, and did not make any noticeable alterations to the landscape. Though benign by seismic standards, it was the largest to rattle Yellowstone since a 4.8 quake in February 1980. The epicenter was near an area of ground uplift tied to the upward movement of molten rock in the supervolcano, whose mouth, or caldera, is 50 miles long and 30 miles wide (80 by 50 kilometers).

Neither the quake nor the uplift suggest an eruption sooner than tens of thousands of years from now, said Peter Cervelli, associate director for science and technology at the U.S. Geological Survey's Volcano Science Center in California.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

I fucking dare those scienticians to say the same thing in Italy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.