News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

katmai

4am and struggling to stay awake watching the mouth sugars vs dgullers.
Fuck it, TiVo it is.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Maladict

Russia is not doing well against the Finns.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 18, 2014, 03:50:34 PM
America sucks.  I expect a bronze.
It's possible.  Team USA does have a bunch of Maple Leafs on the team, and those guys are known for being choke artists.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 18, 2014, 05:11:29 PM
Quote from: Malthus on February 18, 2014, 04:46:11 PM
Curling used to be a game for overweight old people to play.  ;)

We were laughing about that around here just yesterday.   How times have changed.

edit:

Here is a funny photo from a 1968 Brier - notice the sweeper with the smoke hanging out of his mouth.  Now thats an athletic move!

http://blindrivercc.blogspot.ca/2013/03/wednesday-open-8-ender.html

I'm nostalgic for the olden days, when smokers could be Olympians.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Russians are on the ropes, down 3-1 with about four minutes remaining in the third period.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

FunkMonk

QuoteSOCHI, Russia – Meryl Davis and Charlie White's triumph in the Winter Olympics ice dance competition on Monday has sparked outrage over the treatment of silver medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir of Canada and divided the figure skating community.

Accusations on social media and in the Canadian press that Virtue and Moir had been "robbed" started appearing as soon as their final scores flashed up at the Iceberg Skating Palace and quickly gathered steam.

"I personally do," said Canadian ice dancer Kaitlyn Weaver when asked if she believed that Virtue and Moir were better overall than Davis and White. "For me Tessa and Scott have rewritten the rules of ice dance. They are the best team since [Jayne] Torvill and [Christopher] Dean."

Canadian writer Rosie DiManno raised the murky subject of a possible "fix" that was suggested in French newspaper L'Equipe early in the competition. According to the story, judges at the Games were planning to conspire to give Russia gold in the team competition, with Davis and White securing victory for the United States in return.

"The villainy of ice dancing knows no bounds," wrote DiManno in the Toronto Star. "If the fix is not in against Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, then I'm the Princess of Wales."
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/angry-fans--canadian-press-fired-up-over-ice-dance-judging-142853172.html

:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

That's sport is more rottent than Cycling.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 19, 2014, 09:48:47 AM
Russians are on the ropes, down 3-1 with about four minutes remaining in the third period.

It's over.  Further displaying the great Alexander Ovechkin's playoff magic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

It's really hard for me to not press t after en. Sometimes I miss it.

crazy canuck

Thing is the Russians outshot and outplayed the Finns.  The Finns however had a much better starting goalie.  Three goals on 15 shots isnt going to cut it.  I forget the name of the Russian starter but if I was him I would get out of the country asap.

I was hoping for a classic Russian Canadian showdown in the gold medal game.