And we're back!

Main Menu

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on February 16, 2014, 09:57:04 AM
Not if you're  Canadian or Russian.

I'm not sure about Russia, they've traditionally been competitive in the overall medal picture.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Threviel

Quote from: Threviel on February 15, 2014, 10:06:58 AM
Wohooooooooooo!

Gold in the womens relay! Eat that Norway!

Now we only need to beat them in the men's relay tomorrow!

Yeay! Eat it Norway! Lohooooseheeeeers!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Even at the Olympics, interns work the weekends.  Goddamn.

Eddie Teach

They shoulda used the Soviet flag for Russia.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

They're trying their best, but they were educated in the United States.  We're lucky they managed to spell everything correctly.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Tonitrus

It'd be nice to see a plucky underdog pull off an upset in hockey...like these Fins vs. Canada.  ;)

alfred russel

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 16, 2014, 01:29:03 PM
It'd be nice to see a plucky underdointo pull off an upset in hockey...like these Fins vs. Canada.  ;)

If Finland can win, the only way the US will play Russia, Canada, or Sweden is in the gold medal game. Assuming Russia doesn't totally choke, they would play Canada in the quarterfinals.

Come on Finland!  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

Nice to see Teemu Selanne still out there.  Almost makes me feel young for a guy that old to be playing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Watching the hockey game on the big screen while keeping an eye on 2-man bobsled on my tablet.  Jamaican team just went through and were terrible, God bless 'em :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on February 16, 2014, 01:55:40 PM
Nice to see Teemu Selanne still out there.  Almost makes me feel young for a guy that old to be playing.

I was annoyed that Slovakia left out Miroslav Satan. Oh the puns I could have used.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 16, 2014, 10:11:03 AM
Quote from: Barrister on February 16, 2014, 09:57:04 AM
Not if you're  Canadian or Russian.

I'm not sure about Russia, they've traditionally been competitive in the overall medal picture.

You dont understand how important hockey is to the Russians. 

And you dont understand that Canada had the most gold medals in the last Winter Olympics. 

fhdz

Quote from: DGuller on February 15, 2014, 06:35:49 PM
Wow, women's super-g is such a clusterfuck.

Conditions from top to bottom were ridiculously different, especially as the day went on.

That super-hot-ass young Austrian lady, though, was incredible.
and the horse you rode in on

Liep

Quote from: fhdz on February 16, 2014, 05:12:22 PM
That super-hot-ass young Austrian lady, though, was incredible.

I only saw the start and deemed it unworthy of my attention what with 9 out of 10 not finishing, but wow, you are very correct.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk