Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on February 12, 2014, 01:20:37 AM
Buddy Cole at Olympics.

I had to track it down at the Canadian comedy central website, but amusing just because The Kids in the Hall has such fond memories. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Men's speed skating: 8 out of a possible 9 medals so far  :cool:

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on February 12, 2014, 12:02:22 AM
It's a shame CC doesn't like hockey, he'll have to take a week off from this thread and olympic covering :(

Actually I enjoy watching Olympic hockey.  They play by international rules and thus there is no fighting.  For example I enjoyed watching the third period of the Women's game this morning. :)

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 12, 2014, 10:45:39 AM
For example I enjoyed watching the third period of the Women's game this morning. :)

I didn't :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 12, 2014, 10:45:39 AM
Quote from: viper37 on February 12, 2014, 12:02:22 AM
It's a shame CC doesn't like hockey, he'll have to take a week off from this thread and olympic covering :(

Actually I enjoy watching Olympic hockey.  They play by international rules and thus there is no fighting.  For example I enjoyed watching the third period of the Women's game this morning. :)

Seriously? Your only grip with the NHL is the fighting?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on February 12, 2014, 12:25:11 AM
What is surprising, shocking even, is Canada is in second with 9 medals, including 4 gold. :o

That is neither surprising nor shocking.  When it comes to the Winter Olympics the Canadians are a juggernaut of 1990s Detroit Red Wings-esque powah.  But that is to be expected since for most Canadians their daily commute is a winter sport.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on February 12, 2014, 11:27:37 AM
Quote from: Barrister on February 12, 2014, 12:25:11 AM
What is surprising, shocking even, is Canada is in second with 9 medals, including 4 gold. :o

That is neither surprising nor shocking.  When it comes to the Winter Olympics the Canadians are a juggernaut of 1990s Detroit Red Wings-esque powah.  But that is to be expected since for most Canadians their daily commute is a winter sport.

But if you go back 20 years we were more like the 1970s Detroit Red Wings - the Dead Things era.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 12, 2014, 11:05:05 AM
Seriously? Your only grip with the NHL is the fighting?

Fighting would make Olympic hockey even better-- particularly women's :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Phillip V

Limit Olympic excess

Mitt Romney ran the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah and spent less than $3 billion, even adjusted for "security and inflation"; says $50 billion spent by China and Russia should be stopped by future International Olympic Committees.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/02/11/mitt-romney-olympics-sochi-cost-column/5404889/

Maximus

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 11, 2014, 10:01:36 PM
Quote from: Maximus on February 11, 2014, 09:32:42 PM
I dunno, getting pretty tired of watching only what NBC decides I get to see.

VPNs are awesomes.
I just figure it's probably a bad idea to use one I know nothing about. Recommendations?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PRC

Do we need spoilers in this thread for those not watching live? 

Anyways Sweden up 2-0 on the Czechs after the first period.