News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Merry Christmas!

Started by The Brain, December 23, 2013, 08:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Ugh, we need to do toy triage for the kids.  They got so much stuff.  Gonna have to store some of it in the basement for now and gradually work it into the rotation.  Also need to dump a bunch of the old toys. 

Wish it was like the old days when you got fewer toys but they held up a lot better.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

As for me, I got the bluetoof' speakers I wanted, plus a few books, Amazon gift cards, and beer.

Got the wife a new GPS which is way better than mine :hmm:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on December 26, 2013, 09:43:10 AM
Ugh, we need to do toy triage for the kids.  They got so much stuff.  Gonna have to store some of it in the basement for now and gradually work it into the rotation.  Also need to dump a bunch of the old toys. 

Wish it was like the old days when you got fewer toys but they held up a lot better.

Are you kidding?  A lot of the early 80s toys we got broke almost on contact.  I'm surprised how durable some of my kinds toys are.

I agree though - the boys got so much stuff we have to start purging their old ones. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

80's toys.  :rolleyes:

In my day, toys were made out of METAL and cut you. We were strong like bull back then.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on December 26, 2013, 10:00:07 AM
Are you kidding?  A lot of the early 80s toys we got broke almost on contact.  I'm surprised how durable some of my kinds toys are.

Uh, no.  You Canucks must've only had access to the cheaper stuff.  A lot of my toys have lasted long enough to be absorbed into Tommy's collection.  Die-cast Star Destroyer FTW.

QuoteI agree though - the boys got so much stuff we have to start purging their old ones. <_<

Problem with us is that we have to do it when the kids aren't around or they'll throw a fit over giving up a toy they haven't wanted to play with for 11 months :rolleyes:  And even then it seems like we barely made a dent in it.

Ed Anger

Michael had Toy overload. He was in a pile of stuff just standing there. I asked him what was wrong and he told me he didn't know what to play with next.

15 minutes later, he had his m-16 out gunning everybody down. I regret giving him that noisy thing now.

derspiess

Tommy got 4 lego sets and was determined to put them all together before he went to bed last night.  I let him stay up as long as he wanted, just to see how far he'd get.  He got two and a half done, and was getting frustrated trying to put the Lego City rescue helicopter together half asleep towards the end.  Finally gave up at 11:15pm & crashed on the couch.

Caliga

Quote from: Savonarola on December 26, 2013, 09:17:29 AM
CB and I haven't exchanged gifts yet; we'll do that New Year's Day.
Why? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 26, 2013, 10:28:44 AM
Michael had Toy overload. He was in a pile of stuff just standing there. I asked him what was wrong and he told me he didn't know what to play with next.

15 minutes later, he had his m-16 out gunning everybody down. I regret giving him that noisy thing now.

Get him toy gun control legislation for his birthday.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 26, 2013, 01:54:50 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on December 26, 2013, 10:28:44 AM

Get him toy gun control legislation for his birthday.

By this time next year, he'll have a Henry kids rifle too.

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on December 26, 2013, 12:32:08 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on December 26, 2013, 09:17:29 AM
CB and I haven't exchanged gifts yet; we'll do that New Year's Day.
Why? :hmm:

We're in Michigan right now and we're going to drive back to Florida with CB's dogs.  Since we don't have a lot of space we decided to exchange presents after we got back to Florida.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Scipio

Got my new seersucker suit.

Engaged in wardrobe purge.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

Quote from: Savonarola on December 26, 2013, 06:57:02 PM
We're in Michigan right now and we're going to drive back to Florida with CB's dogs.  Since we don't have a lot of space we decided to exchange presents after we got back to Florida.
:hmm: So you had previously left her dogs in Michigan or something?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points