And we're back!

Main Menu

Merry Christmas!

Started by The Brain, December 23, 2013, 08:10:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on December 25, 2013, 03:07:07 PM
My haul so far:

leather jacket with 'Jim Beam' embossed on the lapel (that one was technically 'free' :cool: )
bunch of Google Play gift cards
two bottles of Jack Daniels
sparring gear for karate
groupons to both a Nigerian restaurant and a Japanese restaurant in town
new beard/nose/ear trimmer
:hmm:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

I found the nose trimmer more interesting. Guess Cal's tired of looking like Sasquatch.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

This year's loot:

• Raspberry Pi
• Batman: Arkham Origins
• Primus - Sailing the Seas of Cheese, also Frizzle Fry
• DK History of the LEGO Minifigure
• A couple of shirts, a sweater, and some conductive "touchscreen gloves"
• The Popcorn Tin
• A Hickory Farms sampler
• Some candy
• A bunch of restaurant gift cards and gift certificates
Experience bij!

Habbaku

Christmas loot :

Money
An RPG book (Player's Guide to the High Clans for Dark Ages : Vampire)
Thomas F. Madden's Venice : A New History
Michael G. Johnson and Richard Hook's Encyclopedia of Native Tribes of North America
Joe Sacco's The Great War
John Keegan's The Face of Battle
A bunch of baked goods
An Omaha Steaks gift box full of various foodstuffs
A Bacon Wave (yearly cheap gift-swap with a group of friends)
Couple of Steam games (Stanley Parable and Dark Souls)
A new leather belt
A grammar-joke t-shirt
The Art of Siege wargame, old SPI boxed edition
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

Christmas loot:
Penguins and Pirates t-shirts, and a Terrible Towel from my sister

The End.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

fhdz

Loot: some cash, a new Leatherman Wave, and I bought myself a few Steam games on sale. The kids made out like bandits this year.
and the horse you rode in on

Savonarola

Christmas Loot:

2 bags of cherry smoking chips
Gift cards to Lowes, Barnes and Ignoble and Applebees
Socks
Decanter and shot glasses
A "Made in Detroit" shirt

CB and I haven't exchanged gifts yet; we'll do that New Year's Day. 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Admiral Yi

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

A Swiss Army knife made to look like an owl? That's pretty cool.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Savonarola

Yesterday we went to my Grandfather's house for the afternoon and then CB's nephew's place for the evening.  When we got to the nephew's house we found that almost everyone was severely inebriated.  The men in the family had pounded through a couple fifths of whiskey and most of the women weren't too far behind.  There was no point in trying to catch up; we were way too far behind and they were already done.  It was a strange night filled with semi-coherent conversations.

CB's family does flaming shots at the end of the Christmas meal.  We're responsible for bringing the flaming shot supplies.  This year we needed a long stem lighter; we went to a store in Detroit to get it.  The only one available had a leopard print pattern.  It was a pimpin' lighter.   :cool:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock