NFL Week 8: NFL releases new Retired Players jersey collection; Kosar not listed

Started by CountDeMoney, October 24, 2013, 09:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

The recent and disturbing rearmament of the Cincinnati Bengals deeply concerns and alarms the international community.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

derspiess

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on October 27, 2013, 09:59:50 PM
We'll find out next week. :P

Dolphins DC is a friend of mine.  He was the Bengals defensive backs coach until last year.  COYLE, YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD-- I READ YOUR BOOK

But yeah his defense actually read our book last year :(

Anyway, fun-ass day at the stadium.  Nice, rare treat when your offense scores the winning TD on its second possession, your defense outscores the other team, your third WR breaks a team record for TD receptions in a game, and it happens to be the Jets on the other side of the field.  In the 3rd quarter, Pacman Jones was jawing with Rex Ryan between plays :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Patriots played a good game in the 2nd half so I'm pleased, but the MLB media player just won't load and I can't watch game 5. :weep:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 28, 2013, 05:21:20 AM
Patriots played a good game in the 2nd half so I'm pleased, but the MLB media player just won't load and I can't watch game 5. :weep:

They've only played 4 so far. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on October 28, 2013, 05:25:38 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 28, 2013, 05:21:20 AM

They've only played 4 so far. :unsure:
That's what I meant.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Ugh, going without a blocking back against that kind of defense might've been a bad move.  :unsure:

And that game is why the Rams are the Rams, and the Seahawks are the Seahawks.  Shame, the Rams played tough tonight.

CountDeMoney

Damn, Beanie.

QuoteBeanie Wells, working out for Baltimore Ravens, blows out his Achilles tendon
By Eric Edholm
Shutdown Corner

Beanie Wells is an NFL free agent looking for work. He had a team, the Baltimore Ravens, that sought some running back depth, and it appeared that the two sides were heading toward a contract offer.

That is, until Wells reportedly tore his Achilles tendon during the workout. The star-crossed former first-round pick suffered the injury while working out for the Ravens last week, according to the Baltimore Sun, and will be out for the remainder of the season.

Players occasionally will re-aggravate preexisting injuries during workouts for teams, but suffering such a serious ailment is extremely rare in the non-contact drills.

Wells' career hasn't panned out as expected after being the 31st pick in the draft by the Arizona Cardinals in 2009 after the team had just lost the Super Bowl. The former Ohio State star struggled with consistency his first few seasons before breaking out in 2011, with a 1,047-yard, 10-TD season that included a Cardinals-record 228 rushing yards in a game against the Rams.

Although Wells won't turn 26 until next August, he has been beset by fumbles (10 career on 653 touches) and injuries, including a chronic knee problem and a toe ailment that landed him on injured reserve for a chunk of the 2012 season. The Cardinals waived him in March.

The Ravens instead turned to ex-Bengal Bernard Scott, whom they signed Monday morning instead of Wells. The team's top two backs, Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce, have been banged up much of the season.

Now we must wonder if Wells' career ever will get back on track. What a brutal blow, and a sign of just how cruel this game can be at times.

Kleves

Well, an ugly win is still a win. Seemed like the Seahawks didn't adjust very well to the pressure, which is somewhat surprising, since the O-line has been at least this banged up for weeks.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Neil

Thank you Seattle O-line, for keeping Wilson from beating me in LFFL.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Quote from: Neil on October 29, 2013, 12:29:46 AM
Thank you Seattle O-line, for keeping Wilson from beating me in LFFL.

Yep kept Seedy from beating me as well.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2013, 10:51:31 PM
Damn, Beanie.

QuoteBeanie Wells, working out for Baltimore Ravens, blows out his Achilles tendon
By Eric Edholm
Shutdown Corner

Beanie Wells is an NFL free agent looking for work. He had a team, the Baltimore Ravens, that sought some running back depth, and it appeared that the two sides were heading toward a contract offer.

That is, until Wells reportedly tore his Achilles tendon during the workout. The star-crossed former first-round pick suffered the injury while working out for the Ravens last week, according to the Baltimore Sun, and will be out for the remainder of the season.

Players occasionally will re-aggravate preexisting injuries during workouts for teams, but suffering such a serious ailment is extremely rare in the non-contact drills.

Wells' career hasn't panned out as expected after being the 31st pick in the draft by the Arizona Cardinals in 2009 after the team had just lost the Super Bowl. The former Ohio State star struggled with consistency his first few seasons before breaking out in 2011, with a 1,047-yard, 10-TD season that included a Cardinals-record 228 rushing yards in a game against the Rams.

Although Wells won't turn 26 until next August, he has been beset by fumbles (10 career on 653 touches) and injuries, including a chronic knee problem and a toe ailment that landed him on injured reserve for a chunk of the 2012 season. The Cardinals waived him in March.

The Ravens instead turned to ex-Bengal Bernard Scott, whom they signed Monday morning instead of Wells. The team's top two backs, Ray Rice and Bernard Pierce, have been banged up much of the season.

Now we must wonder if Wells' career ever will get back on track. What a brutal blow, and a sign of just how cruel this game can be at times.

Beanie was never the same after he was injured in a game against Youngstown State.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive