NFL Week 8: NFL releases new Retired Players jersey collection; Kosar not listed

Started by CountDeMoney, October 24, 2013, 09:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Question:  Is it wrong to feel glee at the way the Falcons have sucked this year?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on October 29, 2013, 12:41:41 AM
Quote from: Neil on October 29, 2013, 12:29:46 AM
Thank you Seattle O-line, for keeping Wilson from beating me in LFFL.

Yep kept Seedy from beating me as well.

Stupid Seattle O-line.

BEAST MODE=LEAST MODE

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

sbr

A very good story about Rolando McClain (at least halfway though is good, didnt finish yet).

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9882568&src=desktop

Sorry n iPad and can't copypasta.

ulmont

Quote from: Neil on October 29, 2013, 10:38:02 AM
Question:  Is it wrong to feel glee at the way the Falcons have sucked this year?

It is never wrong to feel glee at any non-Saints member of the NFC South sucking.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: sbr on October 31, 2013, 11:20:47 AM
A very good story about Rolando McClain (at least halfway though is good, didnt finish yet).

It seems like a piece trying to make him out to be some reformed and upward trending redemption story.  I don't buy it.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

sbr

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 31, 2013, 02:22:02 PM

It seems like a piece trying to make him out to be some reformed and upward trending redemption story.  I don't buy it.

Yeah, god forbid a grown man stops playing a game he dislikes, admits he was an idiot and tries to be a better person.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: sbr on October 31, 2013, 02:28:10 PM

Yeah, god forbid a grown man stops playing a game he dislikes, admits he was an idiot and tries to be a better person.
He got arrested after he left the NFL, so it isn't like that was a magic cure-all.  Also, he's still hanging around with his old crew, he's got firearms he likes to use often, he's back in school, but it doesn't seem to be overly serious, and I wouldn't say he admitted shit other than that he fucked up.  I don't see any degree of sorrow or remorse over his actions.  I hope he does turn it around, I just don't see enough legitimate signs from that article.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

sbr

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 31, 2013, 05:26:21 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 31, 2013, 02:28:10 PM

He got arrested after he left the NFL, so it isn't like that was a magic cure-all.  Also, he's still hanging around with his old crew, he's got firearms he likes to use often, he's back in school, but it doesn't seem to be overly serious, and I wouldn't say he admitted shit other than that he fucked up.  I don't see any degree of sorrow or remorse over his actions.  I hope he does turn it around, I just don't see enough legitimate signs from that article.

Cool.  We know how cool and edgy it is to be skeptical of everything.

Sophie Scholl

I'm not sure if I killed your favorite pet or ruined the ending to Empire Strikes Back for you when you were a kid, sbr, but your eternal rage and bitchiness at everything I post has more than grown old. :yawn: