The Government Shutdown Countdown Lowdown MEGATHREAD

Started by CountDeMoney, September 17, 2013, 09:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2013, 09:06:40 AM
I still think of him as the fat guy who saved New Jersey from the teachers' unions.

Of course you do.  Hating a particular object helps with identification.

Admiral Yi

Viking

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 06, 2013, 10:10:22 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2013, 08:37:49 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2013, 05:30:58 AM
Christie won 21% of the African-American vote and 56% of the Hispanic vote - both more than double what he won last time. There's a lesson for Republicans there, if they want it.

The lesson is if Jesus Christ ran on the Republican ticket 60% of blacks would vote against him.

That's just silly.
Jesus would never run on a Republican ticket.

Yeah, the tea partiers would never agree to the "render unto ceasar" bit and the rest don't like the feedig the poor bit.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2013, 11:06:58 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2013, 11:03:50 AM
Of course you do.  Hating a particular object helps with identification.

4/10  :sleep:

Your thing over unions is surpassed only by your thing for Wall Street.   So don't gimme dat.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2013, 11:09:45 AM
Your thing over unions is surpassed only by your thing for Wall Street.   So don't gimme dat.

I've explained and elaborated the logic behind my "thing" for unions and my "thing" for Wall Street countless times.  You repeat braindead slogans which I take exception to, yet I'm the one with a thing.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2013, 08:37:49 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2013, 05:30:58 AM
Christie won 21% of the African-American vote and 56% of the Hispanic vote - both more than double what he won last time. There's a lesson for Republicans there, if they want it.

The lesson is if Jesus Christ ran on the Republican ticket 60% of blacks would vote against him.

Not really a lesson if you already knew it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2013, 11:13:11 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 06, 2013, 11:09:45 AM

I've explained and elaborated the logic behind my "thing" for unions and my "thing" for Wall Street countless times.  You repeat braindead slogans which I take exception to, yet I'm the one with a thing.

He did about as Republican Jesus with blacks with that slogan so it must be a pretty good one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

If Jesus were a Republican, he would be King Herod.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on November 06, 2013, 07:12:21 PM
He did about as Republican Jesus with blacks with that slogan so it must be a pretty good one.

After running this post through the Bombe i still don't get it.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

Well, if didn't forget a key word you would have found it pretty clever.

He did about as well as Republican Jesus with blacks with that slogan so it must be a pretty good one.

Is how it should have read.  You had previously stated in this thread that even if Jesus ran as a Republican he'd only get about 40% of the black vote.  You gave CdM a 4/10 for his slogan.  My post was conecting the two comments.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 06, 2013, 07:27:52 PM

May I mambo dogface to the banana patch?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on November 06, 2013, 07:18:09 PM
If Jesus were a Republican, he would be King Herod.

Unlikely, for a number of reasons.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.