News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Name Five Songs You Hate

Started by Eddie Teach, September 04, 2013, 02:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRC

Conquistador by Procul Harum.  Fucking shit.  Their song Whiter Shade of Pale is great though.

Ed Anger

Quote from: PRC on September 04, 2013, 05:00:10 PM
Conquistador by Procul Harum.  Fucking shit.  Their song Whiter Shade of Pale is great though.

I love Procol Harum. Even had Whiter Shade of Pale played at my wedding reception.  :)

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 04, 2013, 04:51:45 PM
The one where Carrie Underwood thinks it's justified for her to commit felony vandalism because her boyfriend cheated on her.
Her narrator did.  I don't think Bob Geldorf was a witness to the Grover Cleveland Elementary shooting, and I'm pretty sure Scott Weiland never raped a woman (BEWARE MERI). :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on September 04, 2013, 05:09:37 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 04, 2013, 04:51:45 PM
The one where Carrie Underwood thinks it's justified for her to commit felony vandalism because her boyfriend cheated on her.
Her narrator did.

QuoteThat I dug my key into the side
of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive,
carved my name into his leather seats...
I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
slashed a hole in all 4 tires...
Maybe next time he'll think before he cheats.

That's first person narration right there. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 04, 2013, 03:46:44 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 04, 2013, 04:50:29 AM
Name five metal songs,

Black Sabbath- Iron Man
Iron Maiden- Run to the Hills
Metallica- One
Tenacious D- Tribute
Soundgarden- 4th of July

I used to think I hated Metal.  Then when my oldest starting really getting into playing his guitar I started to appreciate it a lot more.   Especially Metallica.  Some of their stuff can sound like it was a classical guitar piece  - if you never hear the singing that is. :D

derspiess

Name five House Music songs, or whatever.  I probably hate those.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Savonarola on September 04, 2013, 04:00:06 PM
"She's Always a Woman" by Billy Joel.  While it's hard to pick just one Billy Joel song as they are all terrible, "She's Always a Woman" has both the sappiest lyrics and most egregious chorus.

"Rockstar" by Nickleback; or really just any Nickleback song would do, they all sound the same to me.
Billy Joel is great! :angry:

"Something in your mouth" sounds pretty different from most Nickleback songs I think. :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2013, 07:34:43 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on September 04, 2013, 04:00:06 PM
"She's Always a Woman" by Billy Joel.  While it's hard to pick just one Billy Joel song as they are all terrible, "She's Always a Woman" has both the sappiest lyrics and most egregious chorus.

"Rockstar" by Nickleback; or really just any Nickleback song would do, they all sound the same to me.
Billy Jeoel is great! :angry:

"Something in your mouth" sounds pretty different from most Nickleback songs I think. :unsure:

Jeoel. The forgotten piano god of Sumeria.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive