Champaign, IL - Land of the truly whacked attacks

Started by merithyn, August 22, 2013, 10:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: KRonn on August 22, 2013, 12:27:10 PM
So who do they have there shooting darts, Amazonian hunters with blow guns?? Those hunters are pretty good with those things!
Yeah, I was under the impression they took considerable skill to wield effectively. :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Alcibiades

The next ones will be on Washington, not John.     :ph34r:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Queequeg

This is the same town that had a toilet webcam at a place called Fat Sandwich, done trying to figure it out.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

merithyn

Quote from: Queequeg on August 23, 2013, 02:47:35 AM
This is the same town that had a toilet webcam at a place called Fat Sandwich, done trying to figure it out.

:lol:

Fair enough.

merithyn

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 23, 2013, 12:17:49 AM
The next ones will be on Washington, not John.     :ph34r:

:ph34r:

Hey, you up for getting together for a few games this fall? I've been seriously missing watching football, which hasn't happened in a long while.

BWW on North Prospect of a Sunday afternoon, perhaps? :)

Alcibiades

Definitely, you and max can help me teach the gf football.   :P

merithyn

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 23, 2013, 08:32:38 AM
Definitely, you and max can help me teach the gf football.   :P

ANOTHER new girlfriend? Damn, Alci.... this is becoming a habit. :P

Alcibiades

I've had this one for over a year now!  The English major.  :sleep:

derspiess

I may go to the season opener in Chi-town.  Haven't been to Soldier Field yet.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 23, 2013, 02:13:32 PM
I've had this one for over a year now!  The English major.  :sleep:

Ahh.. okay. She survived your summer travels. She may be a keeper!

Quote from: derspiess on August 23, 2013, 02:16:49 PM
I may go to the season opener in Chi-town.  Haven't been to Soldier Field yet.

One of the top things on my Bucket List is to go to a pro football game. I've covered high school, community college, university, and Arena Football games. I've been in the Bears locker room after a practice once (and no, the players don't care if women reporters are in there when they shower and dress) to interview a couple of the guys, but never been to a game. :(

merithyn

As a frame of reference, a bus ticket from O'Hare to Champaign/Urbana is ~$30.

QuoteAn 18-year-old U. of I. student from China reported at 11 a.m. Tuesday that a man who had given him a ride to campus from O'Hare International Airport in Chicago had significantly overcharged him. The student told police that a man at the airport had convinced him to skip his charter bus ride by offering to drive him to Urbana for $1,000. The student paid the money, but the driver demanded another $3,800 when they arrived in Urbana.  The student only had $4,200 in cash and said he paid the man out of fear of losing his luggage. The student said he also left his phone, valued at $650, inside the vehicle. The student provided a description of the man and the vehicle to U. of I. Police and officers have contacted the Chicago Police Department as part of their theft investigation.

Also, apparently there were six armed robberies on campus last night, one right after the other. Three with guns, three with.. something else.

Alcibiades

merithyn