Supreme Court: Section 4 of Voting Rights Act Unconstitutional

Started by Kleves, June 25, 2013, 09:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on June 28, 2013, 12:29:40 PM
Even in Texas? Interesting.

Do you agree with the narrative that sees Texas swinging Democratic in the next 10-15-20 years?

I do not.  But it would be hilarious if it happens.  My wife would certainly be happy.

But strangly I do not think it would really change much down here, after all Rick Perry used to be a Democrat back when it was cool.  His ilk would just jump on whatever the winning horse is.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on June 28, 2013, 11:29:55 AM
You have to identify yourself with a picture id so YOU  cannot cheat and vote twice or thrice like some democrats do.

Why is this so hard to understand?

and how do you stop non-citizens from voting without photo id? explain this to me.

Says the guy that votes in two countries.  Fuck off.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2013, 12:26:16 PM
I really dont think it will impact much. The GOP has a fucked up message. The Dems "ground game" is soooo much better. So they will mobilize to help people in Texas to get the ID. Wouldnt be surprised if they have not started already.

The ID is free.

Can't find issue with any of these sentences individually, yet putting them together reads like you expect Dems to make big gains in Texas.  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 28, 2013, 01:47:15 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2013, 12:26:16 PM
I really dont think it will impact much. The GOP has a fucked up message. The Dems "ground game" is soooo much better. So they will mobilize to help people in Texas to get the ID. Wouldnt be surprised if they have not started already.

The ID is free.

Can't find issue with any of these sentences individually, yet putting them together reads like you expect Dems to make big gains in Texas.  :huh:

Could be, maybe. Dont know.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Siege

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2013, 12:37:39 PM
You have to identify yourself with a picture id so YOU  cannot cheat and vote twice or thrice like some democrats do.

and how do you stop non-citizens from voting without photo id? explain this to me.

I'm not!
I only vote in the States.
Not that I did last election, since I was deployed and my vote didn't count.

So you fuck off, faggot!

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

11B4V

Quote from: Siege on June 28, 2013, 02:03:48 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2013, 12:37:39 PM

I'm not!
I only vote in the States.
Not that I did last election, since I was deployed and my vote didn't count.

So you fuck off, faggot!

Do let them get to you. They are just mad because their hysteria is for not.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2013, 02:06:49 PM

Talk about somebody that should take a literacy test before he can vote...

garbon

Leaving aside the hysteria angle, I don't think anyone should be happy that their state is going to spending money fixing a problem that by most accounts does not exist or barely exists.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2013, 02:09:12 PM
Leaving aside the hysteria angle, I don't think anyone should be happy that their state is going to spending money fixing a problem that by most accounts does not exist or barely exists.

Eh, making a sheet of plastic with somebody's picture on isn't that expensive. And the states already do it for like 90% of adults.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 28, 2013, 02:08:21 PM

Talk about somebody that should take a literacy test before he can vote...

Not required.  :blurgh:

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 28, 2013, 02:26:00 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 28, 2013, 02:09:12 PM

Eh, making a sheet of plastic with somebody's picture on isn't that expensive. And the states already do it for like 90% of adults.

They sure typically charge a lot for that shit. Besides, there's also the money that was spent on making such things into law in the first place.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2013, 10:57:28 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 28, 2013, 02:58:58 AM
While it's possible you can delude yourself into believing that, the amount of dodging you've done in this thread indicates there is something you don't want to take into consideration.  You can tell yourself whatever you want to believe all you like.  If you do it long enough, you may succeed! It happens all the time.  Some people use aids in that.  It's called "Talk Radio".

Stay Razzy. Honest.

Fix it for you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on June 28, 2013, 02:37:54 PM
While it's possible you can delude yourself into believing that, the amount of dodging you've done in this thread indicates there is something you don't want to take into consideration.  You can tell yourself whatever you want to believe all you like.  If you do it long enough, you may succeed! It happens all the time.  Some people use aids in that.  It's called "Talk Radio".

Stay Razzy. Honest.

Fix it for you.

Whatever makes you feel better in your little world.

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on June 28, 2013, 02:38:56 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 28, 2013, 02:37:54 PM

Stay Razzy. Honest.

Fix it for you.

Whatever makes you feel better in your little world.

This works better if you aren't actually repeating me.  C'mon 11b4whatever, you're smarter then this.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017