News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Exodus International Shuts Down

Started by garbon, June 20, 2013, 08:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Enough to keep the current population of gays stable?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 20, 2013, 12:07:38 PM

Depends on how motivated they are :P

But they could.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 20, 2013, 12:10:45 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 20, 2013, 12:07:38 PM

Depends on how motivated they are :P

But they could.

They could, but they won't.  You and I both know that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Quote from: Razgovory on June 20, 2013, 12:13:25 PM

They could, but they won't.  You and I both know that.

You claim to know an awful lot about something no one else would dare claim.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Maximus

I imagine by the time such a "cure" is available to the masses few will care enough to use it.

merithyn

Quote from: Maximus on June 20, 2013, 12:22:19 PM
I imagine by the time such a "cure" is available to the masses few will care enough to use it.

God, I hope so!

Barrister

I wonder about that - I might think that if you offered a gay person a complications-free way of becoming "normal" a non-insignificant number of them would take it.

As you can see from groups like Exodus there are gays who wish they weren't.  And in general, people are often not satisfied with themselves and will go to great length, including therapy, pills, and surgery, to re-make themselves.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Eh plenty of the masses today are not as petrified of having gay kids as Raz seems to think they are.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Jacob

You may be right BB, but I doubt it would be a one way street if it was that trivial a choice to make.

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on June 20, 2013, 12:36:57 PM

I wonder about that - I might think that if you offered a gay person a complications-free way of becoming "normal" a non-insignificant number of them would take it.

As you can see from groups like Exodus there are gays who wish they weren't.  And in general, people are often not satisfied with themselves and will go to great length, including therapy, pills, and surgery, to re-make themselves.

Given that so many prefer to try to be "normal" due to external pressure, take away the pressure and the numbers will likely dwindle... don't you think?

merithyn

Quote from: Jacob on June 20, 2013, 12:38:59 PM
You may be right BB, but I doubt it would be a one way street if it was that trivial a choice to make.

I wonder how many fathers would want their daughters to be lesbians. :D

Neil

I'm just saying, if you can cure homosexuality at conception as if you were selecting eye colour or that sort of thing, how many parents wouldn't check the box to have a normal, healthy child rather than a Martinus-esque monster?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on June 20, 2013, 12:39:05 PM
Given that so many prefer to try to be "normal" due to external pressure, take away the pressure and the numbers will likely dwindle... don't you think?

Heh.  If there was a complication-free way of hopping between sexual orientations the numbers doing so would probably explode.  But probably not for the reasons BB and you as suggesting.

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on June 20, 2013, 12:47:17 PM
Quote from: merithyn on June 20, 2013, 12:39:05 PM

Heh.  If there was a complication-free way of hopping between sexual orientations the numbers doing so would probably explode.  But probably not for the reasons BB and you as suggesting.

I admit that there have been times that I'd wished that I were bisexual, but usually that came after a bad breakup with a really crappy guy...  :blush:

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on June 20, 2013, 12:50:50 PM
I admit that there have been times that I'd wished that I were bisexual, but usually that came after a bad breakup with a really crappy guy...  :blush:

There were times when I would stop and think 'could dating men really be worse than this?' and conclude it very possibly might be :P

But hey I would have had a chance to test that out.  I can see the profiles on match.com now 'Man seeking women on odd days, men on even days'