News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Kohlberg in Action!

Started by Malthus, May 19, 2009, 01:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alatriste

Am I the only one that tought this thread would cover the siege of Colberg 1806-1807? :nerd:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Alatriste on May 21, 2009, 06:24:54 AM
Am I the only one that tought this thread would cover the siege of Colberg 1806-1807? :nerd:

Or the movie from '45. :Goebbels:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: grumbler on May 21, 2009, 05:05:33 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 19, 2009, 02:00:20 PM
I'm waiting for grumbler to arrive in order to demolish the logical inconsistencies in Carl's argument. :P 
I didn't even have to "wait" for you to demonstrate that you don't "get" Kohlberg's ideas, nor my understanding of them.  :P

Carl was showing exactly what Kohlberg predicted:  his first-stage moral reasoning didn't resolve his moral problem, so he is advancing towards stage 2.  Good for him, and interesting that malthus caught that.

He's like my own little science project.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on May 20, 2009, 10:33:35 AM
By "Anglo" I should mention that my father's side of the family has been in British North America essentially since it was first colonized. His folk originally came from New England, where my aunt traced an ancestress who was hanged as a witch before the Salem trials (but survived and lived another 20 years) ... Half-Hanged Mary.  :D

Uh oh now Carl will decide to become a Wiccan out of solidarity with his half-hanged ancestors.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on May 21, 2009, 08:13:10 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 20, 2009, 10:33:35 AM
By "Anglo" I should mention that my father's side of the family has been in British North America essentially since it was first colonized. His folk originally came from New England, where my aunt traced an ancestress who was hanged as a witch before the Salem trials (but survived and lived another 20 years) ... Half-Hanged Mary.  :D

Uh oh now Carl will decide to become a Wiccan out of solidarity with his half-hanged ancestors.

Heh she was a *real* witch, none of that Wiccan goody goody pagan new age bullshit - the kind who (allegedly) haunted a sick man to his death, caused milk to curdle in the cow, etc.

History:

http://faculty.uml.edu/bmarshall/Mary%20Webster.htm

Poem about same:

http://www.janaedwards.com/FILECABINET/HALFhangedmaryhoriz.doc
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on May 21, 2009, 08:09:41 AM
I'm waiting for grumbler to arrive in order to demolish the logical inconsistencies in Carl's argument. :P 
I didn't even have to "wait" for you to demonstrate that you don't "get" Kohlberg's ideas, nor my understanding of them.  :P

Carl was showing exactly what Kohlberg predicted:  his first-stage moral reasoning didn't resolve his moral problem, so he is advancing towards stage 2.  Good for him, and interesting that malthus caught that.

I think you need to get another kid.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on May 21, 2009, 08:37:39 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 21, 2009, 08:09:41 AM

:yes: The control group.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

Quote from: Alatriste on May 21, 2009, 06:24:54 AM

No, because Kolberg is spelled without h. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

The double blinding aspect may be a bit of a problem.

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on May 21, 2009, 09:05:23 AM

I guess in Canada it would also be considered child abuse.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on May 21, 2009, 11:43:24 AM
Quote from: Malthus on May 21, 2009, 09:05:23 AM

I guess in Canada it would also be considered child abuse.

:lmfao:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014