Good, Recent Games?

Started by Faeelin, December 26, 2009, 10:46:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Queequeg

Is Fallout 3 REALLY worth getting? 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Queequeg on January 01, 2010, 02:43:21 PM

If you've got a good computer and it is 30 bucks, yeah.

If you are one of those NMA fags, then no.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Yes, stop being as wanker and try it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

It is essential gaming.  Modded up, it still sucks me in every once in a while, when I am bored and cannot face another round of WitP-AE.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Faeelin

Okay, I broke down and got Galactic Civ II and the expansions. Are there any worthwhile mods?

Queequeg

Quote from: grumbler on January 01, 2010, 06:38:03 PM
It is essential gaming.  Modded up, it still sucks me in every once in a while, when I am bored and cannot face another round of WitP-AE.
What mods are necessary for the most authentic FO experience? 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Syt

Quote from: Faeelin on January 01, 2010, 07:58:52 PM
Okay, I broke down and got Galactic Civ II and the expansions. Are there any worthwhile mods?

There's a couple total conversions for Trek, I believe, but overall there's not too many major mods for this game; probably becasue it's fun as it is.

Here's the mod forum:
http://forums.galciv2.com/forum/348

I once made a mod with the major powers ca. 1900, and the minor races also replaced by minor countries. Was fun, but not excessively so.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

grumbler

Quote from: Queequeg on January 01, 2010, 11:42:44 PM
Not sure what you mean by "authentic," but if you play with just one, the Wanderer's Edition (FWE) is the one. After that, get the Type 3 or Type 5 body (they are somewhat interchangeable) and Ling's Pretty Things (which adds a lot of variety to costumes, armor, etc but needs Type 3 or 5 body).  Then get DC Interiors, so a lot of the buildings in DC get opened up.  "Fort Freeway" is the best house mod, IMO.  Mart's Mutant Mod, CALIBR, CRAFT, and Weapons Mod Kits all add some nice chrome.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Queequeg

Quote from: grumbler on January 02, 2010, 03:00:33 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on January 01, 2010, 11:42:44 PM
Not sure what you mean by "authentic," but if you play with just one, the Wanderer's Edition (FWE) is the one. After that, get the Type 3 or Type 5 body (they are somewhat interchangeable) and Ling's Pretty Things (which adds a lot of variety to costumes, armor, etc but needs Type 3 or 5 body).  Then get DC Interiors, so a lot of the buildings in DC get opened up.  "Fort Freeway" is the best house mod, IMO.  Mart's Mutant Mod, CALIBR, CRAFT, and Weapons Mod Kits all add some nice chrome.
Um.  Is there a package of this somewhere?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son