News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Bubba Saves Korean Chicks!

Started by Admiral Yi, August 04, 2009, 05:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: KRonn on August 07, 2009, 12:18:02 PM
Of course, I may be wrong and the North Korean people are all devout Totalitarians and fully accept the slave labor camp hermit nation thing.   :unsure:
I read an article that said that North Korea was the hermit nation until the famine in the mid-90s.  Since then there's been a lot more unofficial contact with the outside world.  People smuggling, crossing the Chinese border to buy food (often by working as prostitutes) and that knowledge that, at the very least, China's a lot better off is very widespread now.
Let's bomb Russia!

KRonn

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 07, 2009, 12:25:39 PM
Quote from: KRonn on August 07, 2009, 12:18:02 PM
Of course, I may be wrong and the North Korean people are all devout Totalitarians and fully accept the slave labor camp hermit nation thing.   :unsure:
I read an article that said that North Korea was the hermit nation until the famine in the mid-90s.  Since then there's been a lot more unofficial contact with the outside world.  People smuggling, crossing the Chinese border to buy food (often by working as prostitutes) and that knowledge that, at the very least, China's a lot better off is very widespread now.
Interesting, and that's good that some word gets in about the real world. I'd figure as much anyway; can't keep things totally suppressed.