ROTW: Trump
0 (0%)
ROTW: other
0 (0%)
ROTW: revoke independence
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

grumbler

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 05, 2024, 03:00:32 PM...Bear-Cub-gate should sink him.

That story is too ludicrous to believe, but the story of him making it up is just as hard to believe.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Maladict on August 06, 2024, 01:43:22 AMYes.

In 2016 we had Clinton 35, Trump 7, other 9.
In 2020 it was Biden 47, Trump 2, other 2.

Wow.  The power of anonymity.

Sophie Scholl

2016 I was an "other" vote as I live in NY and it was guaranteed to go Blue and figured voting with my heart was most important. 2020 I went Biden, despite not overly liking him as the candidate, as I wasn't taking any chances. 2024 will be Harris and happily so. Since turning 18 in 2000, I've been registered as: Republican, Independent, Democrat, and now Working Families Party.  :lol:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Norgy

Harris. Non-brainer. Well, unless you have a worm in it and a dead bear in your car when going to a steakhouse.

Norgy

Out of curiousity, if independence was revoked, which country would the US end up as a mistreated step-child with? Norway? Iceland? The UK? France? Spain?
Because I am unsure if any of those would exactly be a good administrator of you as a colony, and you would throw tantrums and be very, very bad. Not to mention you have so many guns per capita we would shit ourselves even by the idea of going into your room and tell you off for not having put the dishwasher on.

Josquius

Quote from: Norgy on August 07, 2024, 04:22:24 AMOut of curiousity, if independence was revoked, which country would the US end up as a mistreated step-child with? Norway? Iceland? The UK? France? Spain?
Because I am unsure if any of those would exactly be a good administrator of you as a colony, and you would throw tantrums and be very, very bad. Not to mention you have so many guns per capita we would shit ourselves even by the idea of going into your room and tell you off for not having put the dishwasher on.

I think it's clear which parts go to who broadly.
Mexico gets California, the UK the 13 colonies, France the Louisianna purchase and so on.
The trouble I can see is in who is burdened with Florida.
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

Quote from: Josquius on August 07, 2024, 06:28:59 AMThe trouble I can see is in who is burdened with Florida.

No takebacksies.

But we'll be fine with PR.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josquius on August 07, 2024, 06:28:59 AM
Quote from: Norgy on August 07, 2024, 04:22:24 AMOut of curiousity, if independence was revoked, which country would the US end up as a mistreated step-child with? Norway? Iceland? The UK? France? Spain?

I think it's clear which parts go to who broadly.
Mexico gets California, the UK the 13 colonies, France the Louisianna purchase and so on.
The trouble I can see is in who is burdened with Florida.

Canada gets Washington State and Oregon.

Norgy

Fine, we'll take fucking Minnesota, thanks for nothing.  :uffda:  :thumbsdown:

Maladict

Quote from: Josquius on August 07, 2024, 06:28:59 AMthe UK the 13 colonies

We'll take a chunk of those and you can have Surinam.

Valmy

Quote from: Norgy on August 07, 2024, 07:30:46 AMFine, we'll take fucking Minnesota, thanks for nothing.  :uffda:  :thumbsdown:

Fucking is in Austria.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Norgy

Quote from: Valmy on August 07, 2024, 01:34:49 PM
Quote from: Norgy on August 07, 2024, 07:30:46 AMFine, we'll take fucking Minnesota, thanks for nothing.  :uffda:  :thumbsdown:

Fucking is in Austria.

My mistake. I don't think Norway wants Austria. A bit too many un-reformed actual Nazis. And I think we left a rather poor impression of Norwegian hospitality on Dietl and his Gebirgsjäger.

So... which of the Dakotas is the least insane? :unsure:

grumbler

Quote from: Norgy on August 07, 2024, 02:23:40 PMSo... which of the Dakotas is the least insane? :unsure:

East Dakota.  You never hear of them doing anything totally insane.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.