News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2024 Paris Olympics megathread

Started by celedhring, July 26, 2024, 03:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 05, 2024, 10:38:27 AMFlats in London are going to need AC, probably do already  :mad:

But perhaps it is all an evil plot to kill off pensioners and save money  :P

:hmm:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on August 05, 2024, 10:42:34 AM
Quote from: HVC on August 05, 2024, 10:39:02 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 05, 2024, 10:32:13 AM
Quote from: Josquius on August 05, 2024, 09:57:14 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 05, 2024, 09:52:36 AMI'm guessing LA in 2028 will be fully ACed every where?

I've never been there but it strikes me as a place with the worst parts of Japan amped up to 10.
I expect air conditioned outdoor arenas.

When we are ignorant of a topic, we don't have to speak. We can be silent and listen.

It's like you've never been on languish before today :D

Oh I've encountered Jos before.

Oh, I meant as a general quality, but point taken.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Josquius

Quote from: Gups on August 05, 2024, 10:19:10 AMI don't know what this means.

Most sports are dominated by people with a certain body type.  Nobody cries foul over most basketball players being 2 metres tall.
Yet with boxing they have categories so it isn't just those actually most likely to win in a fight competing.

Quote from: garbon on August 05, 2024, 10:32:13 AM
Quote from: Josquius on August 05, 2024, 09:57:14 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on August 05, 2024, 09:52:36 AMI'm guessing LA in 2028 will be fully ACed every where?

I've never been there but it strikes me as a place with the worst parts of Japan amped up to 10.
I expect air conditioned outdoor arenas.

When we are ignorant of a topic, we don't have to speak. We can be silent and listen.

:lmfao:
Before opening the thread I somehow expected you'd be making this sort of ignorant reply.

LA has a reputation. Everyone knows of it.  If it's akchooally not true then do enlighten us. But joking about the artificiality and waste of the place is an established trope.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 05, 2024, 10:38:27 AMFlats in London are going to need AC, probably do already  :mad:
They absolutely do - especially above a certain level with new building standards on insulation, windows etc.

I think I mentioned it before but there was recently an open day at a development in East London an loads of the current residents put up banners in their windows telling people not to buy/rent here and that it was too hot.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Josquius on August 05, 2024, 10:52:29 AM:lmfao:
Before opening the thread I somehow expected you'd be making this sort of ignorant reply.

LA has a reputation. Everyone knows of it.  If it's akchooally not true then do enlighten us. But joking about the artificiality and waste of the place is an established trope.

:huh:

I'm the ignorant one because I have been to LA?

You want to make jokes? I would suggest trying to be funny. :console:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 05, 2024, 10:53:55 AM
They absolutely do - especially above a certain level with new building standards on insulation, windows etc.

I think I mentioned it before but there was recently an open day at a development in East London an loads of the current residents put up banners in their windows telling people not to buy/rent here and that it was too hot.

Ugh, I've a wind tunnel in my bedroom right now that is kind of nice. Not enough windows in this new build though to ever properly air it out.

I'm glad I'm only on the 1st floor as I know much worse the higher you go up.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

LA has a mild climate.  Think 72 F every day.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on August 05, 2024, 11:30:28 AM
Quote from: Josquius on August 05, 2024, 10:52:29 AM:lmfao:

:huh:

I'm the ignorant one because I have been to LA?

You want to make jokes? I would suggest trying to be funny. :console:

Youre calling me out for not having been to LA when I literally just said I haven't?  :lol:

I'm sorry your sense of humour is so under developed you can't even tell the difference between a clearly telegraphed dull joke about a stereotype and... I have no idea what on earth you thought it was. A genuine claim that's what they'd do because..... Reasons?
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 05, 2024, 12:36:18 PMLA has a mild climate.  Think 72 F every day.
:yeahright:

It can get quite hot in LA, though it depends a lot on where you are.  I've been there before when it was over 100.... flew into Burbank one day and I think it was 103 when I landed, which kind of sucks when you're at an open airport with no walls like Burbank... but ended the day in Santa Barbara and it was in the low 70s there.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on August 05, 2024, 01:30:55 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 05, 2024, 12:36:18 PMLA has a mild climate.  Think 72 F every day.
:yeahright:

It can get quite hot in LA, though it depends a lot on where you are.  I've been there before when it was over 100.... flew into Burbank one day and I think it was 103 when I landed, which kind of sucks when you're at an open airport with no walls like Burbank... but ended the day in Santa Barbara and it was in the low 70s there.

Maybe he meant San Diego?

The Brain

Back in sports Sweden dominates the pole vault. Well, one specific Swede. Well, half-Swede.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

HVC

Quote from: The Brain on August 05, 2024, 03:45:18 PMBack in sports Sweden dominates the pole vault. Well, one specific Swede. Well, half-Swede.

Where's the athletic half from :P

Baron von Schtinkenbutt