News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2022 Midterm Election MEGATHREAD

Started by Admiral Yi, November 05, 2022, 07:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2022, 05:38:14 PMHow do you go after Trump though?  Call him out for being a liar?  A swindler?  For trying to steal the election?

His supporters will HATE DeSantis for this.  Just ask Liz Cheney.

DeSantis would have to try and thread a needle of "Trump's great, but his time is over".  Not sure it can be done

Were I DeSantis going after Trump, here's how I would do it:

- "I'm just as petty and cruel as Trump. Watch me trigger the libs and personally go after folks out of spite."

- "I am, however, not a fucking loser. Look at that chump." Compare some of Trump's biggest lies with reality, but not in a "omg the audacity" but in a "look how ridiculous he looks" way.

- "I mean, I think Trump did some good work. I really appreciate it... but he's getting a little shaky. So old. Kind of confused. A bit like Biden, really. No difference between those two. Both are getting close to senile."

- "Here, watch me be deliberately cruel to trans folks / illegal immigrants / intellectuals from the city. Because I trigger the libs. You can still get that kick of anger and spite with me."

- "Trump... you now he talks tough, but that Jared Kushner, isn't he a bit suspect [JEWISH!]. You know that whole family are caught up in getting the approval of degenerate rootless cosmopolitan elites... here are some examples of him sucking up to Libs instead of triggering them."

- "Trump is a loser. He lost. His candidates lost. And he's going to win. He can't actually do it. I, however, am a winner. Look at my record of winning. Trump... he's a loser. And his brats are losers too."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Maximus on November 09, 2022, 04:22:16 PMDeSantis is the bigger threat; has been for several years. He's Trump, but more competent.

Unless he competently tries to overturn elections and disregards the rule of law he is a lesser threat.

CountDeMoney

Cheers: to Maryland for electing Wes Moore, the winner of the 2032 Presidential election.
Jeers:  to Maryland for passing recreational marijuana with 70% of the vote. Fucking stoners. Fuck.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Trump running opposed in a primary would be a net positive for the country IMO.  The only way to excise the tumor is for Republicans to have an internal debate about all Trump's baggage.

alfred russel

I'll link to a NY Post editorial...blasting Trump...in case you wonder how Rupert Murdoch feels.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/09/heres-how-donald-trump-sabotaged-the-republican-midterms/?utm_source=NYPOpinionTwitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow

I'm telling you: when the history is written, republicans were cool with everything up to and including 1/6, but cost them a bunch of winnable senate seats and the knives come out.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2022, 05:19:14 PMUnless Trump decides not to run.  I mean the man is 76 years old, will be 78 by election day 2024.

He is running. He is emotionally incapable of not running. His ego will not allow it.

For a man who nurses every grudge for decades, for whom no slight has ever been too small, for which every cruelty is specifically designed to enjoy with great relish, he can't not run. Not with DeSantis as a rival. 

DeSantis refused to bend his knee and kiss the ring to the one who believes he is owed so much for DeSantis' success, so he much destroy him.  To hell with the rest of the party, which never mattered much to him as anything other than a live studio audience.

Jacob

Apparently Boebert may still make it... last I heard she's about 60 down from the Dem candidate.

Tonitrus

If Trump does lose the GOP primary...what are the chances he goes Bull Moose? :hmm:

alfred russel

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 09, 2022, 09:27:21 PMIf Trump does lose the GOP primary...what are the chances he goes Bull Moose? :hmm:

I'd say very high if it didn't take a lot of effort to get ballot qualified.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on November 09, 2022, 09:11:35 PMApparently Boebert may still make it... last I heard she's about 60 down from the Dem candidate.

Short 73 votes with 95% of the ballots in.

Just a few more votes away from starting her OnlyFans account.

Valmy

Lenny Dykstra will be her first subscriber
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Looks like Murdoch is less supportive off Trump:

alfred russel

What is going to be entertaining is, assuming the republicans have a ridiculously narrow house majority, the next speaker is going to be screwed. You've got total nutjobs on the far right, but you also have some new congressmen that just got elected in places like New York in very blue areas. He will have to keep them all in line to get anything done.

Berkut

So it turns out that Trump support seems to have become something of a poison pill. 

Good thing the Senate held him to account for his attempted insurrection instead of letting Mitch demand they give him a pass "until later".
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned