News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I can see little value in premium beyond being able to tell my Google speaker to play a specific track and it maybe guessing right what I said.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Paying more than the game pass subscription so you don't get commercials? When did pissing money away become a virtue?

The Minsky Moment

Can you download tracks on regular spotify?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Syt

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 17, 2022, 01:35:34 PMI don't understand how people are getting ads through spotify - I don't see any.

Even with premium, I get some ads on podcasts. It's not super frequent (maybe because Austria is a rleatively small market and gets sometimes ignored by advertisers), but annoying when it happens, esp. whent there's ads not just at the start of a podcast but also in the middle.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 17, 2022, 11:28:20 PMCan you download tracks on regular spotify?
I don't think so. It's probably the main benefit I get out of Spotify Premium - especially for travel.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Fine, downloading makes some sense at least. Still Spotify premium feels like paying a steep fee for something readily available for free.

Syt

Also, can you add non-Spotify tracks to regular? I have a few soundtracks that live on my HD, but I can add them to playlists, and then download them e.g. onto my phone for listening on the go.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on August 18, 2022, 04:02:36 AMAlso, can you add non-Spotify tracks to regular? I have a few soundtracks that live on my HD, but I can add them to playlists, and then download them e.g. onto my phone for listening on the go.

Yes. I'm on free and I do that.

The main hassle of remaining free is that you can only use shuffle mode when using a phone. Otherwise, I don't think there's that much value into going premium - hence me remaining a cheapass.

Syt

I use Spotify I lot, so I don't mind paying a bit. I definitely get my 9.99's worth out of it.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

I tried free Spotify for like a week way back when, but didn't care for commercials. So I got Premium. I don't stream movies or TV shows with commercials either.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 18, 2022, 03:44:55 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 17, 2022, 11:28:20 PMCan you download tracks on regular spotify?
I don't think so. It's probably the main benefit I get out of Spotify Premium - especially for travel.

Yes you can, I do it constantly.

garbon

Quote from: The Larch on August 18, 2022, 06:21:42 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 18, 2022, 03:44:55 AM

Yes you can, I do it constantly.

Spotify specifically lists that you can only download if you have premium.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.