News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 16, 2021, 11:01:28 PM
Shootings have stopped being newsworthy here.  Six people injured in Aurora CO the other day and it didn't rate.

I think that gang shootings dropped off the radar screen years ago.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Zanza

A German Court today sentenced a Russian agent to life imprisonment for murder of a Chechen in 2019. The murderer shot the victim in broad daylight in a Berlin park and was caught when he fled the scene. The federal attorney general directly implicated the Russian government and the judge called it state terrorism in the judgement today.
Germany also declared two Russian "diplomats" as persona non grata today.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Zanza on December 15, 2021, 11:20:11 AM
The murderer shot the victim in broad daylight in a Berlin park and was caught when he fled the scene.

What a noob.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 16, 2021, 11:01:28 PM
Shootings have stopped being newsworthy here.  Six people injured in Aurora CO the other day and it didn't rate.

I think that is probably a good thing. The draw of celebrity and drawing attention sometimes leads to copycat crimes.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Some asshole shot up a subway station in New York.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Turns out it was some crazy bastard who thinks that mental health workers are trying to convert the homeless into homosexuals and the Ukrainian war will eventually result in the genocide of black Americans.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

That's the second subway shooting I've read about today.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on April 12, 2022, 11:38:44 PMTurns out it was some crazy bastard who thinks that mental health workers are trying to convert the homeless into homosexuals 
So he's a Republican?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on April 13, 2022, 04:38:25 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 12, 2022, 11:38:44 PMTurns out it was some crazy bastard who thinks that mental health workers are trying to convert the homeless into homosexuals
So he's a Republican?

Gonna run for a US Senate seat in Georgia as soon as he gets out of the mental hospital.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Razgovory on April 12, 2022, 11:38:44 PMTurns out it was some crazy bastard who thinks that mental health workers are trying to convert the homeless into homosexuals and the Ukrainian war will eventually result in the genocide of black Americans.

A moderate Republican then.

...and viper already made that comment :)

CountDeMoney

Bumped. It. Will. Never. Fucking. Stop.

Razgovory

Another man trying to stop the "great replacement". :(

CountDeMoney

Now, now, Raz...now is not the time to politicize things.