News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Star Wars Megathread

Started by Barrister, November 13, 2019, 12:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: celedhring on April 07, 2023, 08:08:08 AMIf this ends up becoming a backdoor adaptation of the Zahn books I won't need anything else in life.

I need to find the youtube savants that break down every single frame.

I would normally count on Star Wars Explained, but Alex and Mollie are at Star Wars Celebration in London right now. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

Ugh, am I going to have to watch Rebels now?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

celedhring

Quote from: Habbaku on April 07, 2023, 08:21:19 AMUgh, am I going to have to watch Rebels now?

It starts a bit meh, but after the season 2 finale it's great Star Wars.

My only "but" is that sadly it has the worst animation of all the 3D Star Wars shows (I guess because of budget).

Crazy_Ivan80

looks nice, too bad it still leads to that junk of a sequel trilogy

Syt

Stills from the trailer.

World Between World intensifies (though it might of course be something completely different).

I secretly wish that the two with the orange sabers are the father and daughter from the Mortis arc in Clone Wars, just to weird out everyone. :lol: (The owl-thing that symbolizes the daughter is accompanying Ahsoka a lot ... )
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Also, new movies announced:

https://www.starwars.com/news/swce-2023-new-star-wars-films

QuoteToday during Lucasfilm's Studio Showcase at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy announced that three new live-action Star Wars films are on the way. Helming the movies are James Mangold (Logan, Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny), Dave Filoni (The Mandalorian, Ahsoka), and Academy Award- and Emmy Award-winning director Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy (Ms. Marvel, Saving Face).

James Mangold's movie will go back to the dawn of the Jedi, while Dave Filoni's will focus on the New Republic, and close out the interconnected stories told in The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, Ahsoka, and other Disney+ series. Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy's film will be set after the events of Rise of Skywalker, and feature Daisy Ridley back as Rey as she builds a new Jedi Order.

Stay tuned to StarWars.com for more on these films and get ready to pass the popcorn.

Tweets from people at Celebration say that Mangold's movie supposedly is going to be kind of like a Biblical epic about the first Force users. :unsure:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Too bad they have to use Skywalker bs again but the rumors were that the executives really want to get Rey and Grogu together.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 07, 2023, 01:05:11 PMToo bad they have to use Skywalker bs again but the rumors were that the executives really want to get Rey and Grogu together.

Rule 34? :unsure:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

No, Grogu will still be a child.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Quote from: HVC on April 07, 2023, 07:51:57 AMThe empire wasn't as good at getting rid of force sensitive people as the original trilogy implied. Seems they're still everywhere.

The Star Wars franchise is not very good at getting rid of named characters. None of them die, and they show up again and again.

Habbaku

Letting executives drive the ship is working so well, why not keep doing it?!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Crazy_Ivan80

QuoteSharmeen Obaid-Chinoy's film will be set after the events of Rise of Skywalker, and feature Daisy Ridley back as Rey as she builds a new Jedi Order.

unlikely that this is not going to suck monkeyballs.

FunkMonk

A James Mangold Star Wars movie :w00t:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 07, 2023, 03:00:42 PM
QuoteSharmeen Obaid-Chinoy's film will be set after the events of Rise of Skywalker, and feature Daisy Ridley back as Rey as she builds a new Jedi Order.

unlikely that this is not going to suck monkeyballs.

QuoteSharmeen Obaid-Chinoy is a Canadian journalist, filmmaker and activist known for her work in films that highlight the inequality for women

M'kay... that's a weird jump in genre. Looks like she also directed a Ms. Marvel TV show.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Habbaku

It's going to be a complete tire fire.

-J. R. R. Tolkien