News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football (Soccer) Thread

Started by Liep, March 11, 2009, 02:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

Great opportunity missed by Sénégal. They might regret it later...

Duque de Bragança

And goal for the Three Lions on their first really good chance.

Duque de Bragança

Iron law of football strikes again.
2-0 now, on a counter-attack.

Duque de Bragança

Sophie Scholl

It looks like I can stop following the World Cup again shortly. Oh, Senegal, it was fun while it lasted.  :(
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Duque de Bragança

The next quarter final, France-England is not that common in the World Cup, so you'll have something new to watch.  :P

The Larch

Netherlands - Argentina and France - England in the QFs... sparks will start flying there.

Grey Fox

Once again, I'll lose a team way too early. ☹️
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

The Larch

So CR will end up joining a club in Saudi Arabia after the WC. So much for demanding Champions League football back in the summer...

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on December 05, 2022, 11:12:44 AMSo CR will end up joining a club in Saudi Arabia after the WC. So much for demanding Champions League football back in the summer...

Read he's getting paid €200m (!!!) for a year, counting salary and endorsements.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on December 05, 2022, 11:19:20 AM
Quote from: The Larch on December 05, 2022, 11:12:44 AMSo CR will end up joining a club in Saudi Arabia after the WC. So much for demanding Champions League football back in the summer...

Read he's getting paid €200m (!!!) for a year, counting salary and endorsements.

Yup, an absolute obscenity. I guess he'll have some oil wells to his name with that salary.

The Larch

First game that goes to overtime! Let's see if Japan upsets Croatia...

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on December 05, 2022, 11:21:29 AM
Quote from: celedhring on December 05, 2022, 11:19:20 AM

Yup, an absolute obscenity. I guess he'll have some oil wells to his name with that salary.

Assuming it's true, Sporting is not sure of playing the Champions' League next year, and besides his salary would be too high. Not to mention Rúben Amorim, the coach, has no use for him.  :P
CR should have joined a Qatari club earlier, like Messi.  :D

Grey Fox