News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead Pool 2023

Started by Josephus, December 26, 2022, 06:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

But on the upside: soon satan will be visiting china.
But that's assuming kissinger ended up there

Syt

We literally talked about how he's "overdue" at work two days ago.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Oh RIP Shane McGowan :(

Edit: Way more upset by this than I'd have expected. Saw him once and fair to say you didn't go for the voice - but still a tremendous, stage filling charisma.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on November 30, 2023, 02:22:50 AMWe literally talked about how he's "overdue" at work two days ago.
Where do you work?  :hmm:   Never mind, I think I'm safer not knowing the answer. :unsure:

Jacob

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 30, 2023, 07:26:21 AMOh RIP Shane McGowan :(

Edit: Way more upset by this than I'd have expected. Saw him once and fair to say you didn't go for the voice - but still a tremendous, stage filling charisma.

:(

Indeed. Rest in Peace.

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 30, 2023, 07:26:21 AMOh RIP Shane McGowan :(

:(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Quote from: DGuller on November 30, 2023, 10:22:10 AM
Quote from: Syt on November 30, 2023, 02:22:50 AMWe literally talked about how he's "overdue" at work two days ago.
Where do you work?  :hmm:   Never mind, I think I'm safer not knowing the answer. :unsure:

:ph34r:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josephus

Not a good year for Irish singers.  :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Andre Braugher Dead at 61 :(
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

So Zanza and Threviel score a point for Kissinger. I think that's it for 23, so far.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Duque de Bragança

Nobody got Jacques Delors, former president of the European Commission.

Syt

Gaston Glock, founder of the weapons company of the same name, has died at age 94. Incidentally, the company turned 60 this year (founded in 1963). According to ORF the company had a revenue of EUR 850 million and a profit of EUR 146 million last year.
—Stephen Jay Gould

DGuller

Sometimes it blows my mind that a company like Glock would have 1/1000th of a profit of Apple.  Unlike Apple products, Glock products really do change many lives.

Syt

Btw, this is is 2nd wife (according to ORF he had a really messy divorce from his first wife), getting ready to deliver testimony during the post-Ibiza scandal parliamentary inquiry. Or she might be at a casting for First Order characters in Star Wars, take your pick. :P

(There's a slight age gap between her and Gaston. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathrin_Glock )
—Stephen Jay Gould