What does a BIDEN Presidency look like?

Started by Caliga, November 07, 2020, 12:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OttoVonBismarck

Mind you virtually every independent candidate since 1960 has polled really high before the real election season. Lots of people like the idea of an option outside the two major parties.

Not to say RFK couldn't become a spoiler like other major independent candidates have been, but I would be surprised if he doesn't experience a crater--a big issue candidates like him always suffer from is they are more appealing in the hypothetical than in the reality, and most independent candidates either run bad campaigns or have very fringe views that get a lot of exposure closer to the campaign season.

RFK has a collection of views fairly unpopular with mainstream Democrats and mainstream Republicans, which I think will ultimately come to light as general understanding of who he is spreads.

Admiral Yi

And how can it be that the die hard Trumpist quartile of 65+ is smarter than everyone else?

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 01, 2023, 07:14:19 PMNo poll this far out is worth anything yadda yadda. But still :blink: :huh:
QuoteAlex Seitz-Wald
@aseitzwald
New Quinnipiac Poll with some big 👀 on RFK Jr.: 
- Biden 39%
- Trump 36%
- RFK Jr. 22%

Kennedy has a plurality of independent voters (!!!): 36% for RFK Jr., 31% for Trump, 30% Biden.

Also not representative just a cross tab (like the independent voters - who I've always viewed suspiciously <_<).....But.....

Edit: Incidentally that's a similar voting pattern for Trump - peaking in working years -  with Biden doing best among the over 65s which is a bit like the patter in a few European countries for the radical right and establishment parties.

Maybe polarisation by age is just a British thing not even happening in the US too :hmm:

Do they know who this guy is?
As thats insane support from the young.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Andy Beshear wins reelection in Kentucky.

Right to abortion enshrined in the Ohio constitution.

So far, so good tonight.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 07, 2023, 08:34:08 PMAndy Beshear wins reelection in Kentucky.

Right to abortion enshrined in the Ohio constitution.

So far, so good tonight.

:showoff:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

Wasserman just called the Virginia senate for Dems.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

GOP being annihilated in the NJ legislature. They lost a plus 35 Trump seat. 

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 07, 2023, 09:09:40 PMWasserman just called the Virginia senate for Dems.

I did my part by voting straight Dem ticket. Even for the three seats on the county Soil and Water Conservation board, whatever the fuck they do.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 07, 2023, 10:59:31 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 07, 2023, 09:09:40 PMWasserman just called the Virginia senate for Dems.

I did my part by voting straight Dem ticket. Even for the three seats on the county Soil and Water Conservation board, whatever the fuck they do.

He just called the Va house for the Dems to!
https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1722105171684016601

1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Why is this happening?  Did the abortion thing just piss off democrats?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2023, 11:32:00 PMWhy is this happening?  Did the abortion thing just piss off democrats?
Yes, pretty much.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on November 07, 2023, 10:59:31 PM

Whatever it is, it certainly sounds like somewhere you don't want Trumpists.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: Razgovory on November 07, 2023, 11:32:00 PMWhy is this happening?  Did the abortion thing just piss off democrats?

That's a big part of it. In Virginia there was a perfect storm in 2021--the Dems ran a former Dem Governor, Terry McAuliffe, who ran a really bad campaign. He refused to address many of the issues Youngkin did because he "didn't like" the narrative of those issues.

Youngkin ran as a moderate conservative businessman who cared about "fixing" Virginia's schools. If you did much research on him at all, it was obvious he was a far right MAGAt but most voters don't research to that degree. He was an affable, middle aged white businessman who didn't openly say crazy things. Dems ended up losing the Governorship, and then Youngkin proceeded to start pushing very far right MAGAt stuff.

Including encroaching on reproductive rights. I think given the ever bluing demographics of Virginia it was always very doubtful Youngkin was going to build on his 2021 successes--once he showed his cards as full MAGA as Governor he was immediately a turn off to a lot of VA voters, so instead of his dream of flipping the Senate, the Dems retain the Senate and flip the House. It is unlikely unless the Dems nominate a really shitty candidate again that the GOP retains the Governorship in 2 years (reminder VA only allows Governors to server 1 term at a time, they can run again if they sit out for 4 years, but they can't run for reelection as an incumbent.)