News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Miscellaneous PC & vidya Games Thread

Started by Syt, June 26, 2012, 12:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Has this been in early access for some years?
It looks very familiar... Or maybe theres recently been some other horror games with this vintage Japanese PC aesthetic?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: Josquius on October 25, 2023, 12:25:59 AMHas this been in early access for some years?
It looks very familiar... Or maybe theres recently been some other horror games with this vintage Japanese PC aesthetic?

Yes, and the dev took like a long break so people thought it was abandoned. Apparently he updated it over the last months to get to release status. I understand it was well playable already before, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

BattleCakes looks nothing like I imagined.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on October 25, 2023, 12:30:43 AM
Quote from: Josquius on October 25, 2023, 12:25:59 AMHas this been in early access for some years?

Yes, and the dev took like a long break so people thought it was abandoned. Apparently he updated it over the last months to get to release status. I understand it was well playable already before, though.

Ah right.
Yes, sure I saw a lets play some years ago.
It does look very cool. Like something from a fairly hidden (to the west) part of video game history- one thing I always thought would be cool for a horror game to do would be to use such a retro aesthetic but to break it, have certain entities that move in a smooth modern fashion rather than following the clunkiness of the rest... But thats not here of course. It is what it is on the surface.
Its definitely one of those I class under cool to watch and read about but I'll never play though.
Both for my horror game rule and my dislike of punishing difficulty.

I'm unsure whether Militsioner will fall into this too when it appeares.
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Anyone played Midnight Suns?
Had my eye on it a little while and notice its on sale.
X-Com with Marvel and Personaesque relationship building elements.
Does seem up my alley...But such a to-play list already.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

From what I read the combat is fun. BUT. You better like the dating sim socializing part of the game because it's apparently a HUGE part of the game (and game time), not just brief scenes that glue the tactical aspects together.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Randomly found some old screenshots. Reminded me one of my favorite :nerd: :lmfao: moment in any game.

The game version of To Be or Not To Be, a choose your own adventure based on Hamlet. The game gives you several characters to choose from, including the dead King of Denmark, slain in Norway.

You are in Norway at the start and I made a remark when I played it along the line that I would be disappointed if he could just talk to the Norwegians, what with being Danish.

I was *not* expecting that not only was this addressed, but addressed more exhaustively that I could have wished for. :lol:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Got the new Paradox newsletter.

6th Nov: EU4 expansion/major patch
7th Nov: AoW4 expansion/major patch
9th Nov: CK3 flavor pack/major patch
14th Nov: Vic3 flavor pack/major patch

Paradox content is like public transport - first you wait forever, and then there's a whole bunch in a row. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Oh AOW4 is today is it?

I was interested in the EU4 DLC then realised I haven't played any country covered by the last DLC I picked up on a sale. :D

I am also interested in CK3's but going to wait for the "dark ages" mod (it's not an extra time period, but rather an extensive rule change / difficulty mod) to be updated.

I am very much interested in Vicky3, the 1.5 is great at least on paper, the public beta shows a much-improved game except for the game-breaking bugs left in it. :P So hoping those are fixed and no new ones introduced.

So I guess AOW4 can tide me over 'til the 14th.

Syt

OPB had a series about Italy and has started one about Serbia with the current beta, plus his tweaks mod. Not sure if he was having fun because or despite the current beta (or both) :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2023, 02:14:11 AMGot the new Paradox newsletter.

6th Nov: EU4 expansion/major patch
7th Nov: AoW4 expansion/major patch
9th Nov: CK3 flavor pack/major patch
14th Nov: Vic3 flavor pack/major patch

Paradox content is like public transport - first you wait forever, and then there's a whole bunch in a row. :P

16th Nov - staff annual piss up?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on November 07, 2023, 04:32:24 AMOPB had a series about Italy and has started one about Serbia with the current beta, plus his tweaks mod. Not sure if he was having fun because or despite the current beta (or both) :D

Yeah I think at this point I enjoy his playthroughs more than playing. :D That way I don't have to play through the slow  resource-hog slog, and he built his mod to force some action I think.