News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamilcar

This is such a clusterfuck and it's spiraling out of control. We will probably know the truth soon from all the surveillance data but it won't matter.

mongers

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 17, 2023, 08:46:50 PMThis is such a clusterfuck and it's spiraling out of control. We will probably know the truth soon from all the surveillance data but it won't matter.

Isn't this what you wanted, can't drive the Palestinians out of Gaza without atrocities to get them to flee? 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Hamilcar

Quote from: mongers on October 17, 2023, 08:54:45 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on October 17, 2023, 08:46:50 PMThis is such a clusterfuck and it's spiraling out of control. We will probably know the truth soon from all the surveillance data but it won't matter.

Isn't this what you wanted, can't drive the Palestinians out of Gaza without atrocities to get them to flee? 

I don't believe for one second that the IAF targeted a hospital to kill a bunch of people. The fact that you do makes your antisemitism show.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 17, 2023, 09:07:59 PMI don't believe for one second that the IAF targeted a hospital to kill a bunch of people. The fact that you do makes your antisemitism show.

That's stretching things.  I don't believe they purposely targeted a hospital either, but there are the precedents of Deir Yassim and Sabra & Shatila.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 17, 2023, 09:28:03 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on October 17, 2023, 09:07:59 PMI don't believe for one second that the IAF targeted a hospital to kill a bunch of people. The fact that you do makes your antisemitism show.

That's stretching things.  I don't believe they purposely targeted a hospital either, but there are the precedents of Deir Yassim and Sabra & Shatila.

So you think it's plausible that the IDF general staff sat in a meeting earlier and said "lol there's a hospital full of people, let's hit it with a JDAM"?

Syt

I think what he might mean to say is that the IDF is absolutely trying to avoid such incidents, but accidents do happen.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Syt on October 18, 2023, 12:37:03 AMI think what he might mean to say is that the IDF is absolutely trying to avoid such incidents, but accidents do happen.

You are being very generous, but that's not at all what Yi is saying.

Josquius

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 17, 2023, 09:07:59 PM

I don't believe for one second that the IAF targeted a hospital to kill a bunch of people. The fact that you do makes your antisemitism show.

Ah yes. Criticising Israel = anti semitism.
This is a key path for recruiting to actual anti semitism.
██████
██████
██████

Gups

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 17, 2023, 09:07:59 PM

Since when has IDF = Jews?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Hamilcar on October 17, 2023, 10:27:40 PMSo you think it's plausible that the IDF general staff sat in a meeting earlier and said "lol there's a hospital full of people, let's hit it with a JDAM"?

It stretches the bounds of my credulity.  But I do not think asserting bad intent is a clear cut sign of anti Semitism.

Gups

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 18, 2023, 04:11:44 AM
Quote from: Hamilcar on October 17, 2023, 10:27:40 PMSo you think it's plausible that the IDF general staff sat in a meeting earlier and said "lol there's a hospital full of people, let's hit it with a JDAM"?

It stretches the bounds of my credulity.  But I do not think asserting bad intent is a clear cut sign of anti Semitism.

It's not any sign of anti-semitism unless anti-semitism is defined as including any criticism of any action or intention of any Jewish person.

crazy canuck

Some thoughts expressed by Ezra Klein on his NYT podcast.  About 15 minutes in length.  Well worth a listen.

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-ezra-klein-show/id1548604447?i=1000631712100

Gups

I really hope that Isreal can produce the proof it says it has that this was caused by a failed launch. I also hope that  it will be possible to show that the evidence has not been tampered with. That won't persuade those who will always take the side of the Palestinians but it will for the middle ground.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Gups on October 18, 2023, 04:50:14 AMI really hope that Isreal can produce the proof it says it has that this was caused by a failed launch. I also hope that  it will be possible to show that the evidence has not been tampered with. That won't persuade those who will always take the side of the Palestinians but it will for the middle ground.

The IDF has provided proof, including conversations discussing the failed rocket.

Hamilcar

The hospital wasn't even hit. A parking lot was damaged.