News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Buddha's New D&D Thread is Groovy, Man.

Started by BuddhaRhubarb, May 26, 2009, 12:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Garbon has reached 7th level and continues in the service of Bane.
PDH!

BuddhaRhubarb

A friend in my M&M game is starting a Traveller campaign. You can buy new retro old editions of the little books, now apparently from the guy who created it.
:p

PDH

Oooh, Traveller..
Making a character, and seeing him die right before mustering out...
Having to make the payments on that used scout ship...
Wondering why firearms were no better than the 1960s technology in the far future...
Wondering more about why that space marine has a Cutlass...

Loved playing it...still have most of the lil books in the original...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on September 23, 2009, 09:12:28 PM
A friend in my M&M game is starting a Traveller campaign. You can buy new retro old editions of the little books, now apparently from the guy who created it.

Traveller :wub:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Traveller is the only RPG I've kept.  I have a big box of Traveller RPG books down in the basement...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

I loved the character creation in Traveller

Ed Anger

I roll my character... I died.

I roll another character.. dead again.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Hansmeister

My character, 7th level Eladrin Wizard Maestaelis, Magic Missileer Most Magnificient, has just started hitting his stride.  With a +12 to hit with Magic Missile and 2d4+11 damage, combined with my daily that lets me cast Magic Missile as a minor action I can put out a lot of damage consistently.  And with my AC of 22, as well as Shield and Staff Defense encounter powers and defensive mobility I'm also hard to hit.  And when I go to lvl 8 my AC will jump to 25, making me even more difficulty to hit.

Jaron

Quote from: Hansmeister on September 28, 2009, 11:15:23 PM
My character, 7th level Eladrin Wizard Maestaelis, Magic Missileer Most Magnificient, has just started hitting his stride.  With a +12 to hit with Magic Missile and 2d4+11 damage, combined with my daily that lets me cast Magic Missile as a minor action I can put out a lot of damage consistently.  And with my AC of 22, as well as Shield and Staff Defense encounter powers and defensive mobility I'm also hard to hit.  And when I go to lvl 8 my AC will jump to 25, making me even more difficulty to hit.

I don't know WTF you said but my response is definitely :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Darth Wagtaros

There is another item that makes the magic missile force push 1 hex.  You can knock enemies off of cliffs.  I have an Eladrin magic missileer too.
PDH!

Sophie Scholl

Anyone see/hear anything about The Black Company rpg?  My buddy got access to it and I told him to send it my way, as I'm onto the third book and want to see what they do with the setting and style as a rpg.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Darth Wagtaros

I'd like to be a supervillain in the Black Company.  Nothing keeps them down for long.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 29, 2009, 02:44:32 PM
I'd like to be a supervillain in the Black Company.  Nothing keeps them down for long.

Oh shit, Stormbringer is here again.

:P
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

BuddhaRhubarb

Our group is trying another 20th level brawl in Ptolus. Using either a Warlock or a Favoured Soul.
:p