News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russia passes law banning gay 'propaganda'

Started by Syt, June 11, 2013, 11:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

So what's it mean for a society to "accept homosexuality"?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on June 12, 2013, 08:58:55 PM
So what's it mean for a society to "accept homosexuality"?
QuoteWhich one of these comes closest to your opinion, number 1 or number 2?...#1 - Homosexuality should be accepted by society or #2 - Homosexuality should not be accepted by society
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 12, 2013, 08:51:08 AM

According to a poll someone posted up there it was 88%, so pretty much.

It seems to have a remarkable correlation with how messed up a country is.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

Quote from: Razgovory on June 12, 2013, 09:06:11 PM
I don't think that answer his question.
No but it's the question that was asked. So the answer to DS would probably vary entirely from person to person as to what 'acceptance' meant.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 12, 2013, 09:07:38 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 12, 2013, 09:06:11 PM
I don't think that answer his question.
No but it's the question that was asked. So the answer to DS would probably vary entirely from person to person as to what 'acceptance' meant.

Seems kinda vague.  For instance I don't think homosexual behavior should be criminalized nor people who are homosexual should be shunned, but I still think it's sinful and probably should be classified as paraphilic disorder.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on June 12, 2013, 09:06:59 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on June 12, 2013, 08:51:08 AM

According to a poll someone posted up there it was 88%, so pretty much.

It seems to have a remarkable correlation with how messed up a country is.

Except for Latin America.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Tyr on June 12, 2013, 07:01:11 PM
Poland is split down the middle...

Germans and Russians always try for that plan, but tend not to agree just where the middle is.

jimmy olsen

Holy shit does Russia have problems...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/26/russian-nazi-torture-gay-teens_n_3658636.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009
QuoteRussian Neo-Nazis Allegedly Lure, Torture Gay Teens With Online Dating Scam

The Huffington Post  |  By Cavan Sieczkowski   Posted: 07/26/2013 1:14 pm EDT  |  Updated: 07/26/2013 2:58 pm EDT

A neo-Nazi group in Russia has apparently enacted a disturbing campaign against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth by allegedly using a popular social network to lure in victims and torture them.

The Spectrum Human Rights Alliance (SHRA), an LGBT rights group focusing on Eastern Europe, claims the campaigns -- called "Occupy Pedophilyaj" and "Occupy Gerontilyaj" -- were launched by former skinhead and Russian ultranationalist Maxim Martsinkevich to purportedly identify and report pedophiles. However, the group's method may be to target male teens who respond to same-sex personals ads on Russia's Facebook equivalent, VK.com. Group members are said to meet the boys when they show up for the supposed date; they bully the boys and even torture them, all while recording the encounters on camera.

"These self-proclaimed 'crime fighters' perform their actions under the broad day light, often outside and clearly visible to general public that indifferently passes by or even commend them," writes SHRA on its website. "Video recordings of bullying and tortures are freely distributed on the Internet in order to out LGBT teens to their respective schools, parents and friends. Many victims were driven to suicides, the rest are deeply traumatized."

SHRA points to a YouTube video showing a group of young people allegedly connected with this movement who are seen interrogating a teen boy at what appears to be a housing compound, according to a translation by The Huffington Post.

The group approaches the teen and asks him if he had come there to meet someone named "Uncle Dima." Then they bring him over to a bench and continue the interrogation. They ask why he was there to meet Dima and the boy admits he is there to have sex, possibly for money. Although the group members mock him, they are friendly at times, and the teen is willing to admit things about himself and his sexual preference. He says who he is, where he's from, what school he goes to and that he is 15 years old.

Toward the end of the video the aggression heightens. At one point, one person who stepped slightly out of frame and appeared to urinate into a bottle, attempts to pour the contents of the bottle onto the teen's head. Another kicks the teen. Then the video cuts off.

(Watch the interrogation below.)

Earlier this month, Russian online newspaper Lenta met with those who have joined the "Occupy-Pedofilyay" campaign to learn more about the movement.

"We do not like homosexuals," the leader of one local gathering explained, according to a HuffPost translation. "If it was up to me, I'd kill them but the government doesn't allow that."

"I think practically all gay men -- pedophiles," he later explained. "Once you've crossed over once, you can cross over again. Today he likes boys, and then it'll be children. They're not suitable for life in society."

Anti-gay sentiments across the nation have made headlines recently. Just weeks ago, President Vladimir Putin signed into law the so-called "homosexual propaganda" bill, which imposes fines upon people found guilty of sharing information about homosexuality to minors. This week, four Dutch tourists were jailed under this law.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

They get the leadership they deserve.  A lot of the headline nasty things that Putin does are widely supported by the population.  It does seem to be a vicious circle, where fascist government raises people to think like fascists, and then people who think like fascists support fascist government, but now it's kinda late in the cycle to change anything.

Neil

It's not like bad shit doesn't happen in more civilized countries, Tim.  Russia's got much bigger problems than a bunch of gay kids getting beaten up.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

So I heard gay bars are pouring out Russian vodka in protest.  TAKE THAT, PUTIN.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on July 30, 2013, 08:03:01 AM
So I heard gay bars are pouring out Russian vodka in protest.  TAKE THAT, PUTIN.

In Russia a gay bar is a long metal rod used to beat people.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on July 30, 2013, 08:06:15 AM

In Russia a gay bar is a long metal rod used to beat people.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Empty vodka bottles today, empty champagne bottles tonight.