News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Searching for a good FPS

Started by viper37, June 10, 2013, 10:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

I don't care about MP, only SP.  I don't want to pay more than 20$.  The last one I played was Black Ops.
I want something that lasts at least 15hrs, the longer the better.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Arma II?

Metro

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, altho it won't be 15hr.

Far Cry, the first.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Call of Juarez - Gunslinger. Not 20 hours, though.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 10, 2013, 10:28:54 AM
Arma II?

Metro

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, altho it won't be 15hr.

Far Cry, the first.
Got far Cry 1.  Far Cry 3 is recent, too much $$.  And I couldn't get the beta to work on my computer, too much lag.  I thought I had a good system, but this brought my machine to its knees.

Didn't know of Arma nor Metro, will check it out.  Thanks.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

I did not know say Far Cry 3, I said Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.

Scipio

Second on Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.  I've played through once, I'm playing through again, and the alternate game modes from the story mode are worth flogging to death, if you like spaghetti westerns.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Pedrito

The only good FPS is a dead FPS.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

viper37

Gunslinger was fun.  Achieving my 2nd replay now. Should have used hard first.

CountDeMoney

Speaking of westerns, Red Dead Redemption was a lot of fun;  they even added a Zombie add-on, which really gave it a longer replay life.

Razgovory

Metro last light is 20 bucks on Gamersgate right now.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-MLL/metro-last-light

Will remain so for about a day.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on November 02, 2013, 09:57:36 AM
Gunslinger was fun.  Achieving my 2nd replay now. Should have used hard first.

Yeah, I enjoyed it too.

Liep

Quote from: viper37 on June 11, 2013, 10:46:39 AMFar Cry 3 is recent, too much $$.

It's €7,49 for another 5 hours on Steam.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

viper37

Quote from: Liep on December 02, 2013, 04:04:35 PM
Quote from: viper37 on June 11, 2013, 10:46:39 AMFar Cry 3 is recent, too much $$.

It's €7,49 for another 5 hours on Steam.
ah, I bought Crysis 2 Maximum Edition and Crysis 3 for 20$ this week-end.  Only to discover I can't play Crysis 2 with DX11 on Win8 :mad:

Grey Fox

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017