Misplaced Honor: US bases named after rebel mediocrities

Started by jimmy olsen, June 05, 2013, 11:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 06, 2013, 07:52:39 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 06, 2013, 07:39:18 AM
The Indians are just another kind of rural poor.  Their situation isn't special at all.

Never mind the lack of employment opportunities, but at least rural poor have the ability to actually own property.  Indian reservations do not allow for property rights.
What?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

The Indians are just another kind of rural poor.  Their situation isn't special at all.
Never mind the lack of employment opportunities, but at least rural poor have the ability to actually own property.  Indian reservations do not allow for property rights.
The rural poor don't own a lot of property.  That's why they're poor.  They don't have tons of employment opportunities either, because they're rural.  Cities drive employment in the US, and so it's not surprising that a group that is, for various reasons, stuck outside of them would be rather poor.  But at the same time, you can't convince them to leave the reservations and go somewhere decent because the band leadership benefits from the system and fights hard to convince their people that the reason that they're poor is a conspiracy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 06, 2013, 08:00:34 AM
What?
They don't hold individual property rights.  Otherwise, the reservations would have been sold piecemeal to white speculators decades ago.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 06, 2013, 08:00:34 AM

What?

It's trust land, based on communal property.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on June 06, 2013, 08:02:19 AM
But at the same time, you can't convince them to leave the reservations and go somewhere decent because the band leadership benefits from the system and fights hard to convince their people that the reason that they're poor is a conspiracy.

Naturally, the only person less qualified to discuss Native American poverty than fascist Euronigger filth like Viking is a Canadian.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 06, 2013, 08:18:35 AM
But at the same time, you can't convince them to leave the reservations and go somewhere decent because the band leadership benefits from the system and fights hard to convince their people that the reason that they're poor is a conspiracy.

Naturally, the only person less qualified to discuss Native American poverty than fascist Euronigger filth like Viking is a Canadian.

Me and Legbiter are the only true aborigines here.

But I just observe here that it's not whitey that's oppressing the injun, it's the injun himself. But if he doesn't want to be oppressed by the injun the injun can move to a place where there are property rights.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on June 06, 2013, 08:35:33 AM
But I just observe here that it's not whitey that's oppressing the injun, it's the injun himself. But if he doesn't want to be oppressed by the injun the injun can move to a place where there are property rights.

Save the revisionism for the whole Jew thing over there.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 06, 2013, 08:47:32 AM
Quote from: Viking on June 06, 2013, 08:35:33 AM

Save the revisionism for the whole Jew thing over there.

Save me that pathetic red herring.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Viking

CountDeMoney

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 06, 2013, 09:08:50 AM
Quote from: Viking on June 06, 2013, 09:06:35 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 06, 2013, 09:05:02 AM
Quote from: Viking on June 06, 2013, 09:03:53 AM
Save me that pathetic red herring.

RACISS

Ad Hom

You're the one that had to go the red route, you insensitive bastard.

I don't think that is a Straw Man. I'm actually not sure what that is... I don't think I understand what you are saying. I mean, I understand each of the words and how those words get used, but I don't understand what you are trying to say. Why go from the A-List fallacy of the Straw Man to the C-List fallacy of mere obfuscation.

CountDeMoney

garbon

Isn't it true though that there is a sizable contingent of Native Americans who don't want to leave their reservations?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Quote from: garbon on June 07, 2013, 07:53:26 PM

Isn't it true though that there is a sizable contingent of Native Americans who don't want to leave their reservations?

Wasnt there a big discussion on here about the indians and "Teh Res" a while back?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".